Her stare ignited the blaze within me. I imagined her in the teddy; the fabric skimming her curves, tempting me to devour every inch. My voice dropped an octave. "And I can't wait to tear them off you."

"Don't you dare." She swatted at me playfully. "You'll ruin them."

"Show me your tattoo." I nodded at the bandage, impatient to see the ink that now adorned her flesh.

Natalia swept her hair aside, peeling away the gauze. An ornate dragonfly rested upon a lily at the nape of her neck, a vision of fragile beauty. Deep black ink contrasted against her soft, already healed skin. The dragonfly's wings were like lace, stretching over the delicate petals, encasing it in an embrace of allure and grace. The exquisite artistry beckoned me to trace the intricate details.

"The dragonfly symbolises change and transformation, and while the lily represents innocence and purity, it is also rebirth." She bit her lip as she paused, her eyes shining with pride and something that made my heart skip a beat. "And it's your nickname for me."

I felt my chest swell as I pulled her close, unwilling to let go. I leaned in, my mouth claiming hers with a hunger that refused to be subdued, demanding all she would give.

Breaking the kiss, I pressed my forehead against hers, both of us breathless. "I've never wanted you more."

She giggled, a sparkle lighting up her eyes while she smiled knowingly. "I thought you wanted me all the time."

"I do," I growled, desire thick in my tone. "But now even more so."

And if it were up to me, I would have dragged her to the nearby alley to show her just how much; yet I had other plans.

Arguably not better plans than having my mate scream my name as I watched her come, but certainly something that I owed her. Something that she deserved.

"We're going somewhere," I said in a low voice. "But it's a surprise, so no questions."

Natalia arched a brow, her head cocked to the side, but she still agreed. "Fine, I'll play along, Alpha. But only because I trust you."

My blood hummed with pride as I led her to the car. I'd spent too long denying my need for her, pushing her away out of fear, but she'd proven stronger than I ever imagined.

When we arrived, astonishment lit her face. While Natalia and I were in town, my siblings had helped me set up a cosy private movie night under the stars—plush blankets, soft cushions, and a projector screen nestled amid the trees. Fairy lights twinkled amongst the branches overhead, casting a warm, inviting glow on everything below.

"James, this is amazing," Natalia breathed, her eyes sparkling as she took it all in. "You did all this... for me?"

I pulled her close, our bodies aligning in that familiar way they did whenever we were together. "We never had a date—I thought it was time to fix that."

The intensity of the moment dawned on me as I realised how much she'd changed me. Her presence had softened my rough edges, making me crave these tender moments with her more than ever.

"How? When?"

"My siblings helped. They were more than keen to do their part. Apparently, you are adored by my entire family now."

And how could they not love her?

"Thank you." Her fingertips glided along my jaw before her lips collided with mine in a kiss full of desire and spoke of forever. When she drew back, eyes shining, I knew true bliss was in her arms.

As we settled down on the blanket, I handed her a mug of hot chocolate that my brother and sisters had prepared for us. Dusk painted the sky in pinks and violets. I could feel the warmth of her body next to mine, and it sent shivers down my spine. Her closeness was intoxicating, stirring a primal desire within me.