I lowered my hand, giving her a hopefully encouraging smile. "Okay, I'll see you then."

With a final breath-taking grin, she spun away to stride over to the woman that shouted for her. I stood there gobsmacked for a moment, my brain lagging in processing what just happened. Shaking my head, I picked up another chicken wing as I went, since she ate half of mine...

Making my way around the lake, I felt eyes burning into the back of my head. I don't know how I knew someone was watching, usually putting it down to paranoia, but this time it was intense. Raising my eyes from where I was walking, I looked over my shoulder, connecting my gaze with the Alpha straight away.

Asra's eyes were still blazing with restraint as he stared emotionlessly into my eyes. The corner of my mouth twitched as I ran my eyes along his tight t-shirt before flicking them back up to his face. A slither of frustration marred the crease in his brow and my lips pulled into a full-blown grin at the accomplishment. It was so easy to get under this man's skin...

Rejecting his presence, I turned my attention back to my destination.

Eve was sitting on a blanket, her dark eyes locked on me, just like the others were. As soon as I reached them, I was flooded with an abundance of questions, most of which I could answer to their satisfaction.

"Damn, that's weird. You becoming friends with your mates thing?" Mya's nose crinkled.

I scoffed, shaking my head. "He isn't my mate."

"The way he looked when you took the chicken from her hand... He was a blaze of fire. If it wasn't for Caleb, holding him back..." She grinned.

I shook my head, dismissing it. "Besides the point... Eve, she said something to me I have heard many times now."

"What's that?" Eve wondered, crossing her arms.

"She said there is something about me that intrigues her, that draws her in. Mya has said the same thing to me before. What is going on? Do I smell good enough to eat? Is Piper going to eat me?" My voice trailed to a whisper.

The others snorted, but Eve gave me a sympathetic smile. "It's not a taste for your human flesh, Ailia. More a taste of your soul."

I blanched, blinking at her. "What?"

She was serious for a second longer before bursting into a fit of giggles. I exhaled heavily, shooting her a glare as I chewed on my corn cob.

"Okay, but seriously..." Eve giggled breathlessly. "I think it's because you are a werewolf's mate. You have a pull that people can't quite understand, so, naturally, we want to know more. We are animals."

I rolled my eyes. "And if the roles are reversed?"

"What do you mean?" She wondered.

"Why do I feel so... warm around some of you?"

She blushed lightly, looking at her sister. It was Mya who answered my question. Eve was too shy to acknowledge my attraction.

"We have, like... an essence. It calls to weaker species. Those stories you said you were told as a kid? Probably true." Mya shrugged. "Wolves in or close to their heat will attract, but otherwise, it's just a way for you to find a suitable mate."

"A suitable mate?" I screeched. "With Piper? With you?"

She laughed. "I'm flattered you think of me that way."

Rolling my eyes, I picked at my food again. "You wish."

She grinned. "What I mean is, wolves who you feel drawn too, are likely to be a good match. Do you feel the same around Alpha?"