Training on Dathomir

Start from the beginning

And so while he knew that she was responsible for so much suffering in his life Raiden still felt shame in the depths of his soul that he had let her down. And even though he knew it to be wrong and against everything he was taught as a child he channeled these negative emotions through his body and against his enemies.

His shame and rage fuelled him as the Night-Brothers surrounded him. The first with the club stood at his right side and prepared to bring his club down. The second with two scythes stood a few meters in front of Raiden while the last with the whip stood in striking distance on his left. Raiden did what no Jedi should do and rage filled his blue eyes as he eyed his staff, and the knife on the belt of the Night-Brother who held the whip. His staff was out of reach and he was losing time so thinking fast he grabbed the closest thing to him that could be used as a weapon.

His hand clutched a rock and he swung wildly at the Night-Brother with the club, smashing the rock against his head sending him sprawling to the ground. Quickly he threw an elbow into the stomach of the Night-Brother to his left and ripped a knife from his belt before again slamming his elbow into his chest.

He began to rise from his knees, grabbing his staff and throwing the knife as he did so. The blade flew through the air plunging into the shoulder of the scythe wielding Dathomirian. Raiden grasped his staff and prepared to advance but was interrupted by the crack of a whip. He spun to face his opponent and brought his staff up to block the whip strike from hitting his face. Instead the whip wrapped around the shaft of his staff.

Now Raiden was locked in a contest of strength. The Night-Brother was much older than Raiden, who was only seven years old but Raiden was enhanced by the dark rituals he was subjected to in the caves of Dathomir and so his enhanced physique was able to force a stalemate with his older opponent. Raiden was full of rage and anger but not blinded by it and so he noticed the Night-Brother approaching with a scythe, ready to strike him down.

Raiden knew that without the use of the force he wouldn't be able to defeat both at the same time and so he allowed himself to lose the contest of strength. He pushed his staff towards the Night-Brother who was totally surprised and stumbled backwards before tripping and falling to the ground.

Now facing just one opponent Raiden prepared to end it. The Night-Brother was slowed by his shoulder wound and so Raiden was easily able to dodge his strikes ducking under his swing and delivering a swift and powerful strike to his stomach, knocking the wind from his lungs. Raiden then kicked his leg causing as audible crack and he caved to his knees before Raiden slammed his knee into his chin. Now with only one remaining and Raiden picked up his staff. The last Night-Brother didn't even fully make it to his feet before Raiden swung his staff sending his to the floor where he remained.

"Well done Omen." Mother Talzin announced to her son.

Raiden scowled at her words of approval yet deep down, a place in his soul he wished to bury her words warmed him. For he still searched for maternal love and this twisted form of it was the only thing he found on this cold world away from any other kind of friendship or love.

"But your training for today is not yet complete." She continued.

Raiden had known it was coming. It was how all trainings went. He would be taken far into the mountains of Dathomir were he would be trained to perfect his enhanced bodies physical abilities. After it was done he would be bruised and bloody but before he had any chance of rest he would be told to make his way back to the Caves of the Night-Sisters with no assistance. Raiden assumed this was what Talzin referred to but he was wrong. Instead of leaving she instead threw down to him something familiar from his past.

* KWISHUUUU*

White light illuminates Raidens face showing his conflicting emotions. He didn't understand why Talzin would give him this, or what she wanted from him. He also thought about running, he now held his Lightsaber, he could cut his bindings that stopped his use of the force. But he didn't have to wonder her intentions for much longer as she made her purpose known.