●12●

"Rajveer Sir ab bus aap bache hain. Aapke paas bhi koi kahani ho to suna dijiye.",

smiles Huda.

Rajveer smiles, cascading his eyes. Taking a brief pause he says,

"Abhi jab hum subne kahani se break liya tha tab meri aur Naina ki baat ho rahi thi..."

Naina gets alert hearing that, where is he going with this?

"...to Naina mujhe keh rahi thi ke -

Marne ke baad ke safar ke baare mein kise yaad rehta hai!",

Rajveer smiles a little, sarcastically.

Looking towards Naina, all serious, he says,

"Yaad rehta hai!"

All of them knit their brows respectively.

Every faculty member including Brigadier Chandok takes leave occasionally to go and meet their respective families. But never has Rajveer taken leave with a reason to meet his relatives. It's true that all know he doesn't have any relative other than Lala Gehlot, whom of course he won't meet now after everything about him got revealed in front of Rajveer but everyone is well aware of the fact that Rajveer owns a house in Delhi and has a few friends too who reside around his house. But despite all that Rajveer never visits his house.

One fine day when Dr. Shalini found him gloomy, proposed him to take her to his house, she thought this trip would change his mood. It did change his mood when he heard the proposal but in a way that Dr. Shalini hadn't anticipated! Rajveer immediately turns to look at her, his expression stating his state of horror and immediately he said,

"Nahi!"

The short and negative reply along with his state of horror came as a surprise for Dr. Shalini. She knit her brows in astonishment.

Dr. Shalini did try to ask him the reason but he made it sure that he doesn't spill anything in front of her even by mistake. Not that he doesn't trust her but because he doesn't want to drag her into all this! Dr. Shalini finally gave up on her futile tries to get the fact out of him.

Maybe tonight is the night when finally Dr. Shalini's queries will be met by Rajveer.

●●●●●

"Hi! Tushar!",

Tushar extends his hand in front of Kashish, bearing a smile on his face.

Kashish stares him with nothing but displeasure and confusion.

Kashish slowly extends her hand and shakes hand with him, keeping her brows knit throughout. Her look of displeasure and confusion change to shock all of a sudden upon holding his hand. She keeps staring him for a brief moment followed by immediate removing of her hand out of his hold, as if out of reflex action!

"Yahin paas hi mein ghar hai iska.",

says Veena, smiling.

"Ahmm.... matlab main yahan rehta nahi bus kabhi kabhi aa jaata hoon.",

clarifies Tushar, smiling.

"Well, bohot acha karte ho. It's so peaceful here.",