●1●

Started on 22.2.2023

Aamna Sharif as Kashish

Standing in front of her shop, Kashish Sinha reads its name like a proud owner - THE OCCULT and smiles in satisfaction. This is something she had been craving to do since the moment she completed her high school. Unlocking the door she pushes it lightly which results in chiming of the small bells hanging as a decoration at the door. Applying the door stopper Kashish smiles one last time in gratitude before entering into her work place.

Getting into the shop in her dark blue dress; her right wrist adorning a bunch of golden bangles; a silver neck piece beautifying her sleek neck; a silver nose ring that attracts the attention of all of her viewers; her silver chandeliers hanging in her ears, the ends of which are kissing her collarbones, she looks enchanting. Her eyes outlined perfectly with kohl, enhances her beauty all the more, she moves to her left to switch on the lights. Walking ahead she touches the row of colourful stones and gems filled and placed systematically in few small baskets for display.

She pauses in front of each basket, touching the cluster of stones, closing her eyes she chants few prayers silently. This is her daily routine to energize the stones. This process doesn't consume much of her time. But on Saturdays she takes her own sweet time to energize the stones by performing proper energizing ritual which lasts for around one or two hours thanks to the number of articles she has in her bucket to energize.

She then walks towards the small temple she has made inside the shop at a height slightly above her own and lights the oil lamp, followed by lighting the three incense sticks which she careful puts into the incense stick stand.

In no time the air gets filled with the fragrance of the Sandalwood incense stick, a fragrance that Kashish loves - neither too light nor too strong.

After performing her brief prayer, Kashish walks to her right, in front of her is her desk. She takes her seat. Resting back she closes her eyes. Flashes of someone tied up in a dark cave like place, weak and beaten red and blue, disturb her every now and then. Kashish closes her eyes tight, knitting her brows she silently chants few prayers to get rid of the flashes.

"Sujal!!",

she whispers, opening her eyes. Her rate of heartbeat picks up pace.

"Tumhe gaye hue 6 mahine se zyada ho gaye hain, phir kyun? Kyun aaj bhi tumhari yaadein mujhe tadpaati hain?",

her eyes well up.

"Mujhe... mujhe raat ko sone nahi deti.",

she entwines her fingers and rests her forehead on them, her brows knit tight.

She decides to focus on her work.

A knock at the door drags her attention. The door opens and a customer peeps into the shop and enquires,

"Is it open?"

Kashish smiles bright at her customer and replies in confidence,

"Yes! Please come in."

●●●●●

"Neha tumhe pehle bhi kaha hai ke usse chorh do. Wo bus tumhare saath time paas kar raha hai. Har baar same patterns ke cards aa rahe hain. Bus kabhi bohot burey aate hain to kabhi thode theek bhi aa jaate hain."

Kashish points her index finger towards Neha and in a very serious tone says,

"Mind you, theek aate hain, ache nahi aate. You are better off him girl!",