Chapter 22

Karl's POV:

Half an hour later, I found myself at the door to an apartment. I lowered myself to the floor and leaned against the door, my brain finally registering whose apartment this was. I pulled my legs into my chest and curled my head into my legs, tears threatening to flow. 

Why do I have to be the cause of everyone's suffering and misery?

I felt a small bead of warmth trickle down my face and soon I was powerless to stop the rest following in pursuit. 

I looked up, hearing footsteps approaching me from down the corridor. I heard the figure kneel down beside me, then felt it wrap it's arms around me, engulfing me in a tight embrace.

"Karl, don't cry," it said, my brain making the connection and coming to the conclusion that the figure was Sapnap.

I looked up at him and gave a weak smile. He cupped my face with his hand and wiped the tears off of my cheek. Standing up, he swung me over his shoulder, as if I weighed nothing, and unlocked his apartment, striding in.

"Sap!" I screamed, "Put me down, now!"

The black-haired boy decided to take pity on me and threw me down onto his bed.

"Explain..."

"What is there to explain, Sap?"

"Earlier, what happened?"

"Please let it go," I begged.

"Love, if someone hurts you, don't think that I'll just let it go."

"I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me," I mumbled.

Sapnap shuffled himself closer to me, once again wrapping his strong arms around my fragile body. He whispered in my ear, "You haven't hurt anyone, Karl."

"But..."

He cut me off, "I know what you're going to say and no, your existence isn't harming anyone. Can you please tell me what the boys said to you? It's clearly bothering you."

"T- They," I breathed in, "One of them said that if I didn't leave you, they would hurt you."

"Do you know who said that?"

"A blond guy. He looks not dissimilar to Dream."

My boyfriend pulled away and grumbled, "Chase. I should've known it. Stay away from him at all costs and don't do anything he says. The last guy he did this to was never the same and suicided about a week later."

My voice was shaky, "W-What did he d-do?"

"Take a guess, you're most likely correct with anything apart from murder."

I shivered.

"Let's move away from this depressing topic and enjoy our time off today."

I nodded slowly.

Sapnap stood up and left me alone, leaving me slightly confused.

Two minutes later, he came back, a chocolate coloured cat with a white stomach in his arms.

He set the cat down on the bed, "This is Patches, she is Dream's cat."

I smiled and gave Patches a hug, feeling her purr into my ear, "How come I didn't know about her sooner?" 

"She lives in Dream's room," he explained, "Dream gets quite possessive over her."

I giggled softly, "I can see why, she's adorable."

Sapnap laughed quietly, "She seems to have taken a liking to you."

He pulled out his phone and took a quick photo.

"Hey!" I complained, reaching for his phone.

"Wait, I want to send it to Dream and see how jealous he gets."

I laughed, "Go on then."

I watched him fiddle around with his phone, laughing a few seconds later. He turned his phone around, showing me an angry snap from Dream and George, with a threatening message on the screen. I couldn't help myself from laughing as well, Patches still contently purring into my ear.

"They'll be back tonight. George is ok, but can't do sports for the rest of the term, and Dream is ok and is able to play in the football match tomorrow."

Relieved, I replied, "Good, although I'm going to convince George to watch with me."

Sapnap groaned louder this time, "Why, love, why?"

I blushed, my face turning what I estimated as a deep shade of red. Patches decided that now was a good time to leave, trotting out the door, back to Dream's room.

He leaned closer, his face now millimetres away from mine, "Do I make you flustered, cutie?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I rolled my eyes at his teasing. He smirked and leaned in again, but I had anticipated it this time and turned my head so he kissed my lips instead.

"Sneaky, I like it."

And with that, he leaned in again, to kiss me properly. 

I felt his soft lips on mine, his arms pulling our bodies closer. One of his hands, running through my hair, the other holding my waist. Gently, he pushed me so I was lying down again, not breaking the kiss. I gasped at the coldness of the mattress, Sap taking the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. His tongue explored my mouth, not leaving one spot untouched. He pulled away, both of us gasping for air, and got off of me. He lay down next to me and we stayed there for a while, staring into each other's eyes. 

Sapnap's arms wrapped around me, flipping me over and hugged me tightly.

"Hey Sap."

He hummed in response.

"You never told me how you got the nickname 'fire boy'."

He considered his answer for a second before speaking up, "I was expelled from my previous school for burning down half the building. It was actually quite fun and there was a guy who'd forced me into a toxic relationship and he was the head boy at the school and he was very affiliated with it. I didn't get any repercussions because the police deemed me mentally unstable and therefore was not entirely responsible for my decisions. He was sent to juvenile prison for doing the same thing to many other students as well. He wasn't too different from Chase although they looked quite different."

I took a second to process what he'd said, "It's ok Sap, I'll never hurt you."

"I never said you would. Thank you, love," he replied.

Soon I heard faint snoring, smiled and fell asleep.

George's POV:

Dream paid the taxi, while I stood outside of the apartment block. I was unbelievably happy to finally get rid of that hospital. He slipped his fingers in between mine and lead us to him and Sapnap's apartment. 

My boyfriend unlocked the door and closed it quietly, seeing Patches run up to him. He scooped the softly mewing cat up, muttering something about her being his cat and not Karl's. I laughed silently and went to go check on Karl. I opened Sapnap's bedroom door softly, seeing them cuddling, bodies tangled together. I pulled out my phone and took a few cute photos, making sure to turn flash off.

"Dream," I whisper-yelled, "look at this."

He came over to me and looked at the boys, smiling. He guided me out, shut the door quietly and went to his room. 

Since I was so exhausted, I flopped onto the bed and fell asleep instantly.

a/n

(1142 words)

To make up for the other short chapters, here is a good one (I hope). Ngl exams mean that my break in between revision I can write as my parents think I'm still revising.

How are you?