Chapter 21

Karl's POV:

I woke up from a restless slumber filled with flashbacks, neck aching from my incessant subconscious tossing and turning. I cautiously turned over and saw Sapnap sleeping on the floor, cuddling the life out of one of his unfortunate pillows. I giggled softly, slightly ashamed of myself for forcing the adorable boy out of his bed, and swung my legs over the side of the bed, went to him and lay down. Softly, I tugged the pillow from his arms and wriggled in to replace it, my boyfriend subconsciously wrapping his arms around me, humming in content. I softened into his touch and found myself drifting away, eyelids heavy. 

I woke up again, although now due to the loss of body heat. I whined softly, feeling the boy behind me stiffen up, realising he had been caught trying to detangle his limbs from mine. I felt Sapnap sit up and drag me towards him, cradling my head in his lap, his soft hands running through my curly hair. 

After ten minutes, he gradually stood up, and with one swift motion, hoisted me up, so I was leaning on him, our faces mere millimetres away. He leaned in, gave me a soft kiss, before pulling away to go get ready for school. 

Approximately half an hour later, we arrived at school. 

Sapnap and I walked in, his arm snaked around my waist. He walked me to my first lesson, then left to go to his history lesson. I sat down in my seat and waited for the teacher to arrive. 

Ten minutes later, the teacher still hadn't arrived. Grabbing my bottle, I got up and left to refill it, deciding to make use of this opportunity. I stood, waiting for the fountain to fill the purple flask. I then went to my locker room to grab my textbook that I forgot. 

"Jacobs!"

I spun around and saw five of the football guys standing by the door, blocking my path. Urgently, I scanned the room for an alternate escape route. One of the guys seemed to notice and cackled at my despair. They converged on me, not dissimilar to the way wolves circle their prey, trapping it. 

"P- Please let me go," I begged, to which all five of them laughed at again.

"Aww, does poor little Karl have a s- stutter," the blond one laughed.

I took a step back, feeling the cold metal of the lockers pressing against my back. 

The blond one took a step forward, trapping me.

He leant towards my ear and whispered, "Shame that idiot got to you first, you're kinda cute."

I shivered and tried to duck under his arms, but to no avail. He laughed again and slapped me across the face, the force making me crumple to the floor. 

The boys took turns kicking me in the stomach; bruises were definitely going to form.

I brought my knees to my chest, securing them with my arms, bracing for the torrent of blows soon to come. 

After a seemingly eternal period of time, they left, however the blond one remained behind.

He knelt down, "Tell Sapnap if he doesn't give you up, I will take you from him and I will do to him what we did to you."

He walked out, leaving me alone, shaking and sobbing.

The door flew open and I saw a person running towards me, making me flinch.

"Hey, it's ok Karl, you're safe now."

It was Sapnap.

"G- Go Sap," I pushed him away. 

He wrapped his arms tighter around me, refusing to let me go. 

"Who did this to you?" he asked.

"N- No one," I stuttered.

"Bullshit Karl, who did this to you?"

I sobbed harder; I didn't want anyone getting hurt for my existence.

"Karl, who did this to you!"

I flinched and attempted to shuffle away from him. 

"Sorry," he apologised, releasing me from his grasp.

I stood up, the world spinning and an unquantifiable pain residing in my ribs. I ran out, through the entrance to the door and walked out, just needing to get away from the mess that was my life. 

a/n

(674 words)

Hello. I have returned. I am revising for exams rn so updates could be slow. I am writing this at school lol. Btw the blond isn't Dream, he is in the hospital with Gogy rn and loves him so ye (the 5 guys are OCs btw).

Goodbye for now