I was really nervous and, I’ll admit it, a little scared. I tapped into Emmett’s thoughts while keeping most of my focus on Jasper just in case he thought of something that could slip by me. I got worry, nervous, and scared from Emmett. He was also trying to figure out  way to stop Jasper.

When it seemed the blood source was right around the bend I tapped farther into Jasper’s mind. I saw that he was thinking about the feelings that were radiating from Emmett and me. I quickly looked towards Emmett.

“Make your feelings stronger.” I read his thoughts as he started to make his feelings more dominant. I worked on mine.

Jasper’s thoughts were soon on overdrive from the emotions coming from us. He abruptly stopped and turned to faces us, his eyes still coal black. “Why are you feeling so worried?”

“Jasper, you were tracking the smell of human blood. We increased our emotions to make you stop.” Emmett said.

“Emmett, Jasper? There’s a human who is probably in trouble. We need to go check.” I spoke up, not wanting to waste any time before something bad happens. They both nodded and we finished our run to the source of blood.

When we got closer I could smell another vampire. That was the smell that wasn’t so strong farther away. This makes the situation a whole lot worse.

We kept running towards the vampire and human. Luckily, the smell didn’t overwhelm us too much to the point of us losing control.

Edward?! We’re on our way. I had a vision. There is a nomad attacking a human not far from where you are now. The vision didn’t end well with only you three, so we’re helping.

I felt relieved that Alice knew what was going to happen.

A couple more yards and we met up with everyone else. There was no time to waste so we just split up. Rosalie, Esme, and Jasper were going back to the house. Alice, Emmett, Carlisle, and I were going to help the girl.

“Hurry, there is no time to waste.” Carlisle warned us. We nodded and headed closer to the smell.

When we got closer I tapped into the vampire’s mind. I could see everything he was doing.

There was a 16-year-old girl lying on the ground in front of him. There was blood coming from a cut on her head. The picture came in a red tint. That helped me realize that he was blood crazed. There was so much blood that it was to overpowering for him.

The girl was looking up at him, her eyes wide with fear.

Just then, the vampire dove for her. He grabbed her wrist and brought it to his mouth, sinking his venomous teeth into her skin. She screamed in agony, and her body went a little limp.

“We have to hurry! He just bit her!” I yelled to everyone else. We all started running with everything we had.

We got to a small clearing and I saw the vampire leaning over the girl. Emmett and Alice didn’t waste any time charging at the vampire. I stopped a couple feet away from the girl. I recognized her from News Reports all over the place. She was Chief Swan’s daughter. She went missing 5 years ago. This vampire had her the whole time.

I was spaced out for a second. All I saw was the girl, lying helplessly at the base of a tree. Everything disappeared around me. There was only her now.

“Carlisle what is that?” Alice asked. I looked around and saw that Emmett had a hold of the vampire, Alice was standing beside him, and Carlisle was walking towards the girl.

“Is that a... girl?” Emmett asked, unsure and still struggling with James as he thrashed around.

“Bella!” I whispered. I was spaced out for a second. All I saw was the girl, lying helplessly at the base of a tree. Everything disappeared around me. There was only her now.