Chapter 43 - your just like me

Start from the beginning

I put on my helmet and get on my bike. We both made it clear once the light turns green we go and continue the race. As we're two blocks away saya starts to get aggressive, she starts to run me off the road by pushing her bike against mine.

"Fuck no, that money is mine," I say to myself.

With one last push, my bike leans to the side and loses a wheel. I jump to the side of the bike and hold onto the clutch cable and side-kick her off her bike then slide through the finish line with the bike on its left side.

Luckily she has good reflexes and does a front roll and lands on her two feet. I take off my helmet and start to hear people cheering. Me and Saya both shake hands and then hug each other.
I never wanted the money, it was more of the glory so I just gave it to the boys. Billy and Lex both split the money, it was all just fun nothing serious.

But if we were competing with someone else then we would have killed them. The race ended around 2 in the morning and we all went back into our rooms, except Marcus.

We both fall asleep in my bed since it's the weekend and the next morning around 9 I walk to take a shower and lock the door since I don't like showering with anyone in the bathroom. These girls like playing games and I don't want to run out of the bathroom, screaming at them because they stole my clothes.

On my way out I hear someone yell my name out loud. I turn my back to see who it is.

"Well if it isn't my stalker, keep walking cheekbones. It's too early to be arguing with you." I say while drying my hair with my towel.

"Relax, I just wanted to ask you if I can borrow your notes from AP black arts."

"And you couldn't go to anyone else?" I cross my arms and he slowly puts his head down in shame.

"Well everyone is not that big of a fan of me, my friends and I kinda blew up the student's parking lot in the basement. It was a firework mishap."

"MY CAR!!!!" I dropped my towel and ran to the parking lot. He runs behind me and when I see my car in pieces and mostly burnt I drop to my knees.

"Oh shit, my bad. That Lamborghini was yours?"

"what the fuck happened here?" Marcus yells in complete surprise while putting his hands on his head. He walked towards me and saw me on the ground with my knees to my head.

"NOT MY CAR, I SAVED SO MUCH FOR IT!!!" Marcus goes straight to whatever is left of the car.

He loved his red car, he bought it with his own money. Once he fixed up the comic store with Billy, they have been making bank ever since.

"Yo Rich people's problems are crazy." Willie laughed along with his friends.

"Where's my bike?" Saya starts to look around and finds small parts of her bike on the floor.

"I'm going to kill you!" I was about to start running at him but Marcus hold me back.

"Oh, my god." Marcus lets go of me immediately and runs away.

"This isn't over shit head," I say to Andrew and run after Marcus.

Once I catch up to him, I see him rummaging through his stuff in his room. He keeps throwing shit everywhere.

"What's wrong?" I get no response, I go up to him and turn him around towards me, he has tears in his eyes.

"My family's picture, I have to make sure it wasn't in the car. That's the last memory I have of them, I can't lose it." He leaves me completely speechless and continues to go through his things, destroying his room.

I try to go look for it in the parking lot in case somehow it was still intact. I try my hardest to look around but I can't find anything.

"I'm sorry." Andrew sits on the ledge of the building while smoking a cigarette.

"God, you need to leave me the fuck alone. Is it that hard? You can't just come two days in and start messing shit up for the rest of us you know."

"I didn't mean for that to happen, it was an honest mistake, I guess I just blacked out."

"Let me guess this isn't one of your first episodes."

"And that's why you caught my eye, Esmerelda. Your just like me, a lot of people gave up on you and soon you gave up on yourself."

"You have no idea what you're talking about, you don't even know me!"

"I may not know you yet but I can sure as hell read you like a book. A little girl who lost her parents and little brother in front of her eyes, that's when the monster inside you was born. You rely on your boyfriend to heal that trauma, he's not there to fulfill the title as your partner but as your therapist."

He's right when I first started to date Marcus I liked that he didn't know who I was so he couldn't judge me but when I started to open up to him he accepted me with open arms.

Marcus was the only person who would hear me out. I felt the need to stop taking my medications and I felt happy for once but when I found him with Maria, it was like a part of me died again.

"Shut the fuck up"

"You know I'm right, us consistently meeting up like this is just a coincidence. I'm not stalking you Santos, I know you have borderline personality disorder."

"And so do you-"

"Don't you ever feel like you go through so many emotions and personalities that you just don't know who you are and what your purpose is anymore?"

I sit next to him on the ledge and light up my cigarette.

"Sometimes, but it's the shit that you go through and overcome is what makes you feel like a person."

"Tell that to my parents, "People have it worse than you." I never asked to be a fucking FBI agent and I don't want to. My life was planned out for me. I'm tired of feeling like a vanity project."

"Do you have a plan to get away from your parents?"

"I don't know, you know for someone who I just met less than 24 hours ago. It's nice to talk about this shit without someone telling me to get over it."

"And people think I'm mean." I scoff I look up to see him looking at me.

I look to my right and see him already looking at me then he starts to lean in. I push him away and get up.

"I have a boyfriend Andrew, whatever sick twisted game you decided to play on me isn't going to work. I was right from before, you should stay away from me, I love Marcus and no one is going to change that."