It's both comforting and worrying to know that somehow, you and Yoongi are on the same page for now, choosing to just focus on your time left together rather than dwelling on what comes after. Sure, thinking how you could sustain the relationship is important, but so is just living in this moment with him without worrying about anything else.

That's how the second year of your relationship went, after all. Even with the arrangement you both made of alternating visits after that first summer, you didn't account for the tragedy he'd suffer through after the next. That's what made it hard. Some things in life you just can't predict, some dreams that come true and end that change everything; sometimes it's what makes the relationship work, sometimes it's what ends it.

"We can," you smile, shifting to kiss his hand that's still cupping your cheek. "I've got a few ideas."

For the next several days, you and Yoongi spend as much time together as possible. You stay in and watch movies - including yours, have meals out with his dad, go out for drinks with Taehyung, and drive out to places you've never been to.

You join him at the shop when he does some woodwork, something you don't expect would turn you on so much with how sexy he looks being so focused, his fingers hypnotizing you as they glide through the wood. He stays with you during your video call meetings with Hoseok about several possible projects, noting the ones you really want and the ones that just won't work out.

It's waking up and falling asleep next to him that you love the most, though, and he seems to feel the same way. He pulls you close at night and kisses your forehead; you're the one who dives into his lips until it escalates to him eating you out or pounding you from behind. But he always finishes with his head on your neck, taking you in, saying he loves you with barely any words. In the mornings, you wake him up with kisses, his pleas for you to stop having no bite at all. The softness of his smiles tells you he secretly loves it, and it's what stays with you as you go about the rest of your day.

Before you know it, it's 2 days before you're scheduled to drive back. You indulge your father's request for lunch the day before you leave, and Mr. Min prepares dinner for you that evening. You don't miss the joy in his eyes as he tells you repeatedly how happy he is that his son is happier now as well.

That night, you and Yoongi make love gently. With him taking you on the couch and then on your bed, you feel everything he doesn't say. He holds your gaze as you come for him, and then he kisses you amorously when you ride out your high.

On your last day, you meet with Taehyung and his parents for breakfast before spending the rest of the day with Yoongi. You stay at home, just lounging about in nothing but his oversized shirt and your underwear.

"Okay," you say, as the sun has set and you start to get hungry. "I found this super easy recipe for some garlic pasta that I'm gonna make for us, and then I'm gonna grill some steak that you're gonna watch over because I don't know how to tell if it's cooked."

Yoongi laughs but he agrees. "Sounds like a plan."

You walk around the kitchen to get the ingredients and prepare the pot for the noodles and pans for everything else. You get the cutting board and start chopping the garlic as slow as you possibly can.

Leaning on the counter and watching you in amusement, Yoongi chuckles. "Jagi, let me do it. You might hurt yourself. Or overcook the pasta because you're taking too long. Whichever happens first."

"Hey, be nice," you glare at him.

He just softly smiles as you go about your task, with your eyebrows furrowed as you focus on mincing the garlic. You ask him to season the steak and he teases you that all you'll be doing now is putting the meat on the pan and claiming that you cooked it.