The Intro

A/N: I am going to go insane istg. / A/N

Collab with
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date: 18/07/2019

Time: 6:30am

Location: Inkopolis Square

POV: Sho Heaton

____________________________________

I walk into the square to meet my friend, where tons of inklings and octolings are partying or getting ready for turfwar. There's banners everywhere I look is advertising the splatfest/finalfest, Chaos Vs. Order. The plaza covered with stickers.

Originally, I wasn't going to participate, as usual, but my friend, Xiao, forced begged me to join for the seventh time.

"Hey!! Sho! I thought you really weren't going to come!" Xiao laughs as I get closer to the Splatfest terminal. "You begged me for days, so I really don't have a choice." I groan as Xiao continues to laugh. "Anywho, which one are you gonna pick? I'm on team Chaos, I've always liked it." They giggle and poke my  face, as I think before mocking me by doing the same thing.

I stand in silence, deciding on which team to choose.

Eventually, I settle on Team Order. Pretty much everyone was glaring at me in the plaza for having weird ears and a crappy rushed ponytail. "I'm choosing Team Order." I say as I tap the right side of the terminal to select the team I chose. "What?" Xiao mutters, looking distraught. "You heard me, Xiao, I'm choosing Team Order, you're not deaf." I yawn and grab a Splatfest tee with team order on it from a box.

"... Why?" They sigh. "Because why not, I don't need an explanation, do I?" I yawn again as I speak.

Xiao's quiet before they start speaking again, "Now that you've chosen your team, do you wanna go back to my apartment to get ready?And maybe you can come up with an answer for once.."

"Sure. And even if I do come up with an answer, I don't owe you one" I shrug as we run for the train.

____________________________________

Time: 7am (thirty minutes later)

Location: Xiao's apartment

____________________________________

Xiao unlocks the door of their apartment and let's me go in first.

I walk in to see; a couch, a laptop that was probably Xiao's since it was covered in stickers, that was atop a small table, and two phones. One was squid-shaped and yellow, the other looked like an octoling and was bright pink... or magenta, I can't really tell from far away.

"Hey Xiao. who's phone is that's?" I ask and pointed at the phone that was shaped like an octopus. "Oh, that's Airi's I think she left it here to charge." Xiao smiles as they come in and lock the door behind them.

' Airi, huh? Who's this Airi octo? Probably Xiao's roommate... ' I start to think about who Xiao is talking about but the possibilities of who this Airi octo was were endless so I decided not to think about it for now.

"Sho, you can go into my room to get changed, I'll wait for you at the couch." Xiao mumbles as they waddle out of their tiny, cramped room.

I go into Xiao's room and close the door behind me.

After awhile of looking about and digging through weapons, headgear, and footwear, I finally settled on something to wear.

What I picked out for a weapon was the Tri-slosher with Burst Bomb and Ink armour. For headgear I found a Hivemind Antenna made by Squidforce for Team Order. And I chose Punk Whites by Rockenberg for my shoes.