CH 4 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Yeah."

I was shock at Seokhwan's urgent prompting.

The BBQ restaurant Seokhwan sent to me was a restaurant located in Eunpyeong-gu.

When I was a trainee, it was a place I wanted to go to at least once, but I could only swallowed my saliva. However, Seokhwan might have known about my pain. (I guess endure the pain of not going to eat there TT eat well our baby)

I put a piece of the cooked rib eye in my mouth. The grilled beef over charcoal was savory yet greasy.

Seeing me make an ecstatic expression, Seokhwan with the tongs made a sad face.

"Whoever sees you will think that you've been starving for three days. Eat slowly. Will someone be coming to take you?" (Kinda like "eat slowly, there's no one who's going to steal your food, or yourself away" phrase. No indigestion on Seokhwan watch!)

"Weren't you going too?"

"What?"

"Didn't you come to take me?"

"Why do you think so?"

"I ordered 50,000 won worth of snowflake sirloin for just one person that's meant for five serving, but there's no anger. That means it's not a personal card. Plus you said you were bringing out a corporate card earlier. Then isn't this a public issue and not personal?"

"You're very much like Sherlock Holmes."

"Ahh, do your best hyung".

In return for pouring the alcohol, he carefully fed me a ssam. (Ssam is a lettuce wrap that you can fill with meat, vetagable, sauces, etc. . . making a ssam for others is kinda like affection almost. The better the ssam is, the more affection it is to the one receiving the ssam lol correct me if wrong)

I said with a smile, "So, if you catch me, will you be arrested?"

"I saw it."

I answered as I look at the menu, "If you add a steamed egg, I might change my mind without knowing."

Yoon Seok-hwan smiled and added a steamed egg.

While eating meat, a hot steamed egg came out.

I took a spoonful of the steamed egg, blew them, and brought them to my mouth. Seokhwan looked at me and carefully opened his mouth.

"Anyway, are you okay?"

"What?"

"The exam. According to the article, I saw you've been preparing for 2 years since you were in the military. The mock test results are also at the top."

"It's a shame, but there's nothing I can do about it. How can I change what's already happened?"

"It doesn't make sense."

"It's okay. I'm used to this now.", I answered with a smile.

"When did my life ever go the way I wanted it to? Well, if everything came true as I wanted, I would've become a star in Asia by now. It's a waste to study, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can't change what happened, but I'm the only one who can change my emotions."

"You still have a diamond-like mentality."

"It's not a diamond, but maybe gold. It's not real gold, but it's mixed with some impurities."

Seokhwan laughed at my joke as if he couldn't stop it.

"What did your grandmother say?"

"What do you mean?"