she raised her head from his shoulder, "do you like me, d?"

he chuckled at how she looked worried, and grabbed her face. "i do, ma."

she smiled, leaning forward to give him a kiss on his cheek. she laid her head back on his shoulder, as she room fell silent. "my moms not gonna like that, though."

darrian shook his head, "i know."

she tapped her hands on her thighs, before standing up and grabbing onto him. "let's do something."

"like?" he asked, as she shrugged and dragged him out of the room, and back to the crowd of people.

"wanna dance?" she asked him, looking into his eyes.

"no." he spoke, shaking his head.

she rolled her eyes, "please?" but still, he shook his head.

"fine." she huffed, letting go of him and walking into the group of people that are 'dancing.'

he watched her as she moved all around, before his eyes landed on a guy that was standing not too far from her, his eyes never leaving her. he mugged him, before walking up to cynthia and grabbing her waist.

"now you wanna dance?" she asked, smirking.

"no." he chuckled, but didn't let go of her.

as she looked up at him, his eyes went back and forth from her lips and eyes. she was probably sober enough to remember the things she was saying, so he wondered if she was sober enough to remember he kissed her.

he gently grabbed the back of her neck, before leaning down and connecting their lips. cynthia grabbed into his waist, feeling her stomach do flips.

she was intoxicated, but this was still her first kiss and she was still feeling every emotion she would sober.

the kiss wasn't very long, but it was still a good kiss. as they parted, cynthia looked up at him with a smile before letting go of him and laughing nervously.

"yo- oh, you found her." notti appeared beside them, his eyes squinting when he saw their plumped and red lips and cynthia's red cheeks.

"hi, ethan." cynthia greeted.

"are you drunk?" he asked.

"a little above tipsy." she pointed.

he shook his head, "and stop calling me by my gov, you're so federal."

"sorry, ethan." she sarcastically apologized, making him roll his eyes.

"keep playin and watch when i tell ya mom." he moved his hand up and down, talking about her 'tipsy' state.

her mouth dropped, making him laugh. eventually darrian told him that he and cynthia was going to leave, and he walked off to david again, while ddot and cynthia walked out of the party.

the fresh air was making cynthia become more sober, and her headache was already coming. darrian had his arm wrapped around her to keep her close as it was late and they were walking.

"cynthia!" they both heard, making cynthia freeze in her tracks. her mothers familiar voice.

she turned, seeing her mothers car parked on the side of the road. she looked at ddot, her eyes wide as she was panicking.

as she tried to walk, her mother yelled again. "cynthia if you don't come here now, you're gonna have to find somewhere else to live and someone else to take care of you."

she froze again, not knowing what choice to make. she looked up to darrian again, for help. "whatever you wanna do, i gotchu." he whispered.

she looked back at her mom, and sighed. she prayed she was making the right choice, as she turned on her heels and walked in the other direction.

she heard her mother say things to her, but she tried not to listen. but she still heard something. "i'm disappointed in you, cynthia."

that sentence made her eyes start to water. the tone of her mothers voice, before she heard the car start and drive off. cynthia's throat began to hurt, and finally, the tears left her eyes.

darrian saw cynthia put her head down as he walked behind her, before he heard the sniffling and heaving breathing. he grabbed onto her, hugging her tightly. "it's okay, ma." he spoke softly.

cynthia shook her head, but didn't say anything.

it felt final, like cynthia had finally made up her mind. and she didn't like it, she still felt so unsure.

 and she didn't like it, she still felt so unsure