chapter 7

the girl dragged cynthia over to her friends, trying to introduce her to them as her words slurred. cynthia didn't really understand much of what any of them said, her thoughts were going quickly as they all were handing her shot glasses.

she looked at the drinks in their hands, shaking her head slowly as she didn't think that was a good idea.

as they started chanting "drink!" her heart started beating faster, and she let out a breath before grabbing one of the glasses and bringing it towards her mouth.

she closed her eyes, pouring the liquid down her throat. the burning sensation made her make a sour face, as the girls around her cheered.

almost immediately, she was handed another one, as they all grabbed one and went forward. they yelled 'cheers!' before quickly drinking the alcohol, and cynthia only followed.

two more shots in, justine and khloe began getting worried for their friend who hadn't returned from the bathroom still. they stood, both making their way to the bathrooms.

cynthia and the girls she was with was now in the middle of a bunch of people and away from the bathroom, there was a very small chance of justine and khloe seeing her.

when they didn't see her around the bathrooms, she began getting panicked. they searched around for darrian, ethan, and david and when they finally found them they hurried to them.

"have y'all seen cynthia?" justine asked, making darrian, who had his head down while he scrolled on his phone, raise his head quickly.

"fuck do you mean?" he asked, looking back and forth between them.

"she was with y'all.." ethan stated the obvious, showing that he hadn't saw her.

"she went to the bathroom." khloe told them, "but it's been like ten minutes and we haven't seen her."

david furrowed his eyebrows, turning and looking around to see if he could see his friend anywhere. people were constantly moving and the music was loud, it all was a lot.

darrian let out a deep breath, pushing past his friends as he began pushing through the crowd of people, trying to find cynthia quickly.

he mumbled curse words under his breath when he wasn't finding her, getting annoyed and worried.

finally, he saw her curly hair. she was leaning against a girl he didn't recognize, making his face scrunch in confusion. cynthia didn't hang around people she didn't know, so why was she?

he turned her around, "cynthia, what are you doing?"

cynthia's eyes widened when she saw him, and she smiled. "darrian! hi."

her breath smelt like alcohol, making him sigh. he grabbed onto her hand and dragged her back through the crowd, and go and empty room.

"why you drinkin, mama?" he asked her, sitting her on the bed.

"they wanted me to." she shrugged.

he sat down next to her, taking in her appearance. she looked happy, free. but at the same time she looked tired, stressed and overwhelmed.

she laid her head on his shoulder, sighing. "can i tell you something?"

he looked down at her, nodding. "yeah."

"i think i have feelings for you." she spoke quietly, before letting out a small laugh that didn't sound so sure.

darrian bit back his smile, as his eyebrows raised in shock. he knew she was intoxicated, and that was most likely the reason she was saying that, but he was still happy she was.