005 ; ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。 --ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ--
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 a coffee pot stirring was heard throughout the house, alongside the flipping of pages. Y/n sat at the table, a frown as she was reading rather questionable things on the morning paper.

Getting up to grab a cup of fresh coffee, she looked over at the clock. '8:11' it read, bringing her to fall into a state of relief. She usually opened at nine thirty.

The thing was that the bakery belonged to her grandmother and her sister, they had owned the bakery throughout all of their youth. Eventually passing it onto their children, and those children being Y/n's mother and her sister (In other words her aunt).

The bakery was entitled for Y/n and her cousins, but her cousins weren't really into that. And neither was Y/n, until she truly sat down and attempted to bake.

She fell in love with it.

Y/n began to sip her fresh coffee, a peaceful mindset for the day. Then, right as she was going to head back to the table, the phone began to ring. She walked over to the landline, yawning.

"Hello?"

"What did Jenna order?" Y/n sighed at this, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Remer, it's too early for this."

"Y/n come on please! Don't you love me?"

"She ordered chocolate donuts." Y/n picked her coffee up once more, she was going to need it after all.

"Thanks!" Remer immediately hung up—the sound of a disconnecting tone being heard.

Y/n put the phone back, sitting back down on her chair as peaceful as can be. Today would be a good day, she thought.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。 --ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘ--
Not only fifteen minutes into her shift, Remer, Coop, and Squeak were already at the bakery. They hadn't even bought much, Squeak bought a glazed donut.

They were the only customers at nine in the morning, already having to listen to Remer hatch schemes on how he'd impress Jenna. Remer was going to be there the whole day, just waiting for Jenna to show up.

Y/n continued to organize things, adjusting a few pastries to where they needed to be, and occasionally getting calls from customers asking if she delivered. Y/n was honestly considering putting up a delivery system—everyone seemed to want one after all.

"Hey, what do you guys think of delivery?" Y/n inquired with a small smile, "Would you consider delivering for me?"

"I'll do it for sixty an hour." Remer told her with a small nod.

"You're insane." Y/n laughed.

"I'd do it. You don't gotta pay me, I want free pastries though." Squeak bargained, earning himself yet another laugh from Y/n.

"Yeah, I'd do it too. I don't need anything in return though!" Coop smiled at Y/n, somewhat joking as he spoke those words, but it struck something in Y/n.

Once again, like the feeling at the stadium, it made Y/n feel as if she were floating—and melting into the floor. Her heart skipped a few beats, and in an unimaginable way, she viewed Coop differently somehow.

Being around him made her nervous, and in all honesty, it felt as if she'd always been nervous around him, and had just been realizing it now. She attempted to distract herself—not really understanding this confusing feeling.

"I'm considering the delivery thing. Coop, Squeak, you guys are serious?"

"Yeah, man. I'll work, but I want free pastries."

Y/n wanted to ask Coop again if he was being serious—but the thought of actually looking over at him and moving her gaze from Squeak made her nervous.

However as a customer walked through the door, Y/n was utterly relived. She greeted them, hopeful that after their interaction she wouldn't have to interact with Coop any longer.

But, why? They'd been best friends for a very long time—and suddenly she wished he wasn't around. Like being around him just made her nervous.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。 --ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘ--
Y/n sighed, the day was going by rather slowly. It was already three, and there was seriously nothing to do. Coop and Squeak had left to go take the dog to the vet, and Remer went to go buy some fancy cologne in case Jenna came around.

Most customers had just ordered and left—which was fine, but Y/n was rather bored. She fiddled with her fingers, thinking about what she might want to have for dinner.

Suddenly though, Coop came to her mind. She groaned in annoyance, the very thought of him was making her nervous, and he wasn't even anywhere near her! She didn't want to think about him at all—not at all.

The subject of love had crossed her mind—but she denied it. Y/n wasn't really a person to be in love with people, she preferred living her life, and if love came her way, then it did. She didn't look for it.

But, her best friend? There was absolutely no way in hell she was falling for him of all people! Perhaps she could ask someone? She didn't have many friends who were exactly experts in this subject, but she had a few people in mind.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。
thank you guys so much for sticking with me as i write this , it truly means a lot! I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this book so far , and there's def more to come. longer chapters I promise y'all💀‼️