004 ; ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。 --ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ--
𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄 fell over the four friends as they drove home—no one dared to utter any form of vocal words. No one could as it was, everyone was somewhat shocked, despite how everyone acted around Jenna, they were a little down.

Y/n drove, Coop, Remer, and Squeak's house was thirty minutes from the stadium, and Y/n's house was a good ten minutes away from theirs. It wasn't a long drive, but their silence was making it an excruciatingly long one.

Y/n tapped the steering wheel as she drove, being the only form of sound anyone could hear. Remer and Squeak sat in the back once more, and Coop was next to Y/n.

Too much had gone on today, absolutely too much. They lost the game, Denslow died, and they were all in a state of despair.

"Uhm, nice job out there," Squeak came forward talking. Y/n was fairly happy about Squeak's decision to speak, as she'd been wanting to as well.

"You don't have to lie." Coop said, "I sucked."

"Come on don't say that. You did great," Remer piped in, his tone not exactly matching the choice of words.

"Yeah, Coop. It's fine, you did great. You're on edge because of Denslow, and that's totally understandable." Y/n smiled a bit as she looked over at him, before turning back.

"Thanks guys," He said quietly, leaning his head on his hand.

"I saw the hottest chick ever." Remer then said—"Jenna."

"Oh yeah with your freshly baked pretzel?" Y/n taunted, glaring at him through the rear view mirror.

"Oh my God you're never gonna let that go."

"Never."

They continued to drive on, not entirely in an awkward silence. At least the ice was broken now—and a bit more peaceful. A few more words were exchanged between the friends, before Y/n pulled up to their block.

She drove up until her car was lingering in front of their house, in position to park. As she was in the process of doing so, she decided to speak.

"You guys gonna be okay tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we'll manage." Squeak spoke for the three, earning a small nod from Y/n.

"Y/n.." Remer then said, a little bit suspiciously. "Can I have more of your pretzels.."

"I'll teach you how to make them." She bargained, finally parking steadily.

"Oh, fine! Unless you want me to burn down your kitchen."

"I'll leave you there, no one's burning down my bakery."

They all exchanged a laugh—even Coop who was a little silent throughout the whole thing. "You guys are weird." He told them in between a laughing fit.

"Shut up, man!" Remer laughed as well as he spoke.

Unlocking the doors, everyone began to exit the car, rather sad about Y/n's leave. She had to work at the bakery tomorrow morning though, so she couldn't stay for drinks or anything of the sort.

Y/n walked with them to the front door, "I'll see you guys around." She smiled at them, pulling them all into a small group hug.

"Ew." Coop jokingly said.

"Oh, shut it. You know you love my hugs."

He muttered something which Y/n wasn't able to decipher, but decided it probably wasn't relevant. Although she was curious. "I'll probably stop by tomorrow, I want so many fucking donuts." Squeak told Y/n, the thought of being able to eat one of the donuts seriously making him drool.

"How interesting." Y/n replied in a frisky tone, and slowly stepped back, signifying she was ready to make her leave.

"Alright, well bye Y/n! Call us when you get home, please." Coop said, only to get interrupted by Remer.

"Yeah, and if you see Jenna—oh my God. I just realized! Jenna goes to your fucking bakery. I need to go more often!"

"You spend every day there. I have seriously never gone a day in that bakery where you aren't there terrorizing my customers."

"I'm going tomorrow man I have to," Remer rushed inside, probably to hatch some odd scheme.

Nonetheless Y/n waved bye two her friends, and made her way back to her car with a semi-satisfied look. She was ready to go home, and probably bake a few extra things if needed.

Tomorrow would hopefully be a better day, no more dying folks and losing games.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。
          Short chapter today, sorry everyone. Okay like lowkey i wanna change the story from a slowburn to just normal because i dont know lfmsldndn im not good at quick romance tho. slow burn is easier for me because i enjoy writing the feelings slowly being developed or realized and leaving small hints yk?? 

        anyways though, yeah! next chapter will definitely be longer and forgive me for including such small contact with the literal LOVE INTEREST lmfao 🙏