𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝘼 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚

Start from the beginning

I'm sorry Sirius for writing this but I had to get it off my chest.

Anyways, lovely seeing you around again. (Actually I haven't seen you yet, that will be tomorrow, probably by the time you may reading this letter)

Bye handsome.

Love,

Your secret admirer

As Sirius finished reading, he was left with a whirlwind of emotions. He was happy to hear from the secret admirer, glad to know that she had a wonderful trip and break. However, he was feeling a bit down and almost hurt. Sirius never planned on playing with her feelings. If he was not interested, he would have simply thrown away the first letter itself, but he kept it, because this person had captured his interest.

"So, what she'd write to you?"

Sirius looked up to find Remus looking at him for an answer. This question caught the attention of Peter and surprisingly James, who still looked a bit glum due to the scene earlier with Lily.

"Who are you talking about?" Peter asked Remus.

"His secret admirer wrote to him, that's what I'm assuming anyways." Remus replied, while Peter's eyes widened in realization and nodded. "So, Pads, any new clue?" Remus directed at Sirius.

"No hint this time, but," Sirius said thoughtfully, "I have a feeling she's a muggle-born. In her last letter before we went home, she said she was going to fly with her family to Italy. How do muggles fly again?"

"Airplanes, Pads. They're like the shape of a bird but extremely large, they're used to fly people from place to place. The insides are sort of like the Hogwarts Express train but not quite. So, if she mentioned flying to Italy, chances are she is someone who has a muggle or muggle-born parent or parents." Remus explained.

"In other words, what Moony means is that she could be a muggle-born or a half-blood" James piped up.

"I see." Sirius said thoughtfully. Perhaps it was time for him to send her the diary, that way they could learn more about each other.

"You know," James spoke slowly, "I'm surprised you haven't used that head of yours properly."

Sirius lifted an eyebrow, "Meaning?"

"Meaning dearest Pads," James continued with a grin, "you could have asked her to send you a scent of her perfume."

Sirius cocked his head sideways, looking at the young Potter in confusion, "Why would I ask for her perfume?"

"Yeah, how would that help, Prongs?" Peter asked, just as confused as Sirius.

"I think I understand what this idiot is trying to say." Remus interjected.

James huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Excuse you, I am not an idiot, Remus John Lupin!" Uncrossing his arms, James puffed out his chest, "I am a gentleman and a genius!" He exclaimed.

Remus rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He turned his attention back to the young Black. "What he means is to take advantage of being an Animagus."

"Exactly!" James exclaimed.

"Oh." Peter said, stretching the oh. "He could check for what scent is on his suspects, right?"

Sirius clucked his tongue. "Ah. That is actually a good idea, I should have thought of that before."

"This way, if your secret admirer happens to be wearing that perfume, you could confront her." Remus explained. "The scent should last in the letter, but even if it fades, your Animagus traits should still allow you to pick up on it." The Gryffindor explained.