𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝘼 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚

Comenzar desde el principio

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" They all shouted and Sirius popped open a balloon that had loads of confetti inside, which sprinkled all over the boys and the room.

"Another year that will bring more glory to us, the Marauders!" James said, pointing at the sky as if trying to make himself look heroic as Remus tried to keep his balance. Peter cheered enthusiastically.

"Yeah, this year will be a great one, like no other." Sirius said, his mind drifting to his secret admirer. He was going to catch her, that was for sure.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

With the new year having commenced and the Marauders having spent their days away making prank plans and such, everyone was once again back at the magical Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

It was the morning of a new day and classes were set to resume once again. Everyone was enjoying breakfast, even the Marauders, at least they tried to.

"Evans! Did you like my present? Oh, how was your Christmas break? Why didn't you come to the ball? Oh, Evans-"

"Oh for heaven's sake, shut your mouth, Potter!" Lily shouted, fed with James' constant pestering, who only quieted for a moment before grinning.

"Aw, my darling Lily-pad, glad to know you missed me too. Did you open the present I sent?"

Lily was visibly fuming, her face red as her hair. Marlene and Alice giggled silently, while Peter watched with a grin. Remus on the other hand, rolled his eyes and returned to his book, as he wasn't ready to deal with James' stupidness right in the morning. Sirius chuckled, shaking his head at his best mate.

"No, I did not! Now, leave me alone!"

The light in James' eyes dimmed. He had hoped for Lily to accept his gift, and even with the constant rejections from the redhead, the refusal to open his gift hurt James a bit.

"Oh, I see. Well, hope you had a nice break." And with that, James finally sat down quietly, continuing to eat his breakfast. Lily released a breath, calming down slightly and returned to talk with her friends, who had humorous grins on their faces but didn't dare mention anything regarding James knowing the redhead would lose it.

A loud rustling suddenly sounded overhead, signalling the arrival of the owl post. Sirius looked up in anticipation and located the familiar owl, as the tiny creature began making its way towards the Gryffindor. Once in his hands, Sirius immediately ripped apart the envelope, and unfolding the parchment, began reading the letter.

Dearest Sirius Black,

Happy New Year! It is 1977, and we're halfway through our sixth year and next year is our final year at Hogwarts, it is sort of hard to believe.

Oh, remember how I mentioned I was going to Italy with my family? Well, we went and it was so freaking amazing! Beautiful! Although, I discovered I am not cut out to ski. I don't think I'll be doing it again after what happened.

Anyways, forget about me, let's talk about you, Padfoot. How was your break? What were you up to?

Sirius, I thought with a new year perhaps maybe it's time for new steps to take.

I fancy you, Sirius Black.

A lot.

If you haven't realized already.

And I would love to reveal myself to you, I really do, but I'm afraid. I don't want to have my feelings played with, one of the reasons I haven't told you who I am.