I was furious that she down played my trauma just because she thinks my mental illness wasn't as 'bad' as hers. Who the hell says that?

"Okay look, I was wrong for what I said but I'm not sorry that I said it. You've healed from it so quickly-"

"-get out." I said cutting her off. I didn't want to hear anything else she had to say because my anger was turning to rage.

And knowing Delphia, she would suggest I stay here longer as a form of punishment.

"Get the fuck out Mia!" I semi-yelled.

I didn't want any of the nurse coming in here and asking questions or sedating me.

Mia nodded then walked out casually like she didn't just say some fucked up shit.

Zariah walked in and I shook my head. She nodded in understanding then walked out again.

I just went to sleep knowing if I stayed up, I would've lost my mother fucking medulla.

******************

A few days later.

I finally got the drip taken out. My vitals are back to normal. I was put on new medication, they didn't have any negative effect on my body. Mia has kept her distance from me and is only around me when Zariah is around which is hardly ever.

I stayed to myself unless I was forced to do group activities. Dad and Elin payed me a visit.

Elin was glad that I'm 'back to normal' as she claims. She says that when I get out, she's buying me a gift. Elin is very unpredictable so it could be literally anything.

"So you're better now?" Johnson asked me.

Today was visitation day and Delphia and Johnson came to see me.

"I think so." I said, looking at Delphia.

"Doctor Brook said that you're doing well and she thinks you'll be released next week Wednesday." Mom said.

I nodded and Johnson smiled.

"So am I going back to school?" I asked.

I honestly didn't want to go back to school. Catching up all that work would be hell. I'd have no life at all.

"Yes you are. I'll have a meeting with the school explaining your absence." Delphia stated.

I wanted to protest against it but I kept my mouth shut. I'd literally be wasting my time.

"You'll continue going to therapy when you get discharged from here. I'll speak to them and see if they can tamper you off the meds. I don't want you getting addicted or reliant on them."

She hated any form of medication. Delphia always used home remedies that she got off the internet to treat whatever's wrong with her body. She told us that we're poisoning our bodies by drinking pills so we always had to ingest whatever natural remedies she made for us in order to heal. It makes no sense but we just do so because she's our mother.

"You want Dee to go back to being a toddler?" Johnson asked confused.

"Absolutely not but we need to find other alternatives. I don't want her popping pills for the rest of her life."

She does have a point but still, if it means me being sane, I'll pop those pills.

"It's almost your birthday Dee." Johnson said excitedly.

Johnson loved birthdays because all he associated them with were gifts and parties. My birthday is in a month and I'll be turning 17. I've been on this planet for 17 years and that just seems long as hell. The thought of being on earth for 40 or 50 years sounds so depressing. Why do I have to be here for that long?

"Yeah." I dryly replied to Johnson.

"Why don't you ever like your birthday. You're literally a year older."

"Exactly." I stated.

He just shook his head, "Do you want a birthday party?"

"No thank you." I politely declined.

"Oh that's sad. Mom I'd like to have a birthday party when I turn 8...please."

"Speak to your father about that." Delphia said.

Delphia isn't a fan of event celebrations. She's more of a we acknowledge what's happening, we're happy and joyful in that moment then life goes on. I guess I get that from her.

"Get up, lets go." Mom said standing up.

Johnson and I followed behind her.

"Bye Dee." Johnson said giving me a hug.

"Bye JJ."

"Bye mom." I said to Delphia. I didn't hug her because she's not very affectionate.

"Bye. Behave." She said walking away with Johnson.

"Behave." I mocked her under my breath.

Like I never do. I can't wait to get out of here.