11

It was a warm, sunny day in Wakanda and Shuri and Riri were sitting down at the table eating breakfast

It was a warm, sunny day in Wakanda and Shuri and Riri were sitting down at the table eating breakfast. Neither had showered yet so Shuri was still in her tshirt and boxers while Riri wore a pair of shorts and one of her girlfriends shirts which went down to her knees.

As they were eating, Shuri noticed that Riri's mind seemed to be elsewhere because she hadn't said anything since they sat down.

"What's wrong my love?"

Riri looked up at her girlfriend with a questionable look on her face, "You know I can read you like a book, now tell me what's wrong love."

Riri let out a sigh, "Well I was wondering... Could I call my family today?" Riri had woke up, thinking. Just thinking about her family. She hadn't talked to them since she got to Wakanda so she was missing them more than she had been already.

"Of course you can talk to them," she started pressing things on her kimoyo beads and a little screen popped up showing one of the Dora Milajes.

"Yes, my queen?"

Shuri cringed at the word Queen. She still hadn't gotten used to everyone calling her that, "Could you put Riri's mom on please?"

Riri heard some shuffling and then she was met with her mother, "Hi Riri."

"Hi mom," Riri teared up at the sight of her mother.

"How's your time in Wakanda?"

"It's been good, me and Shuri are working together to fix this and I promise once it's all over, I'm coming back." Shuri transferred the call to Riri's kimoyo beads, got up, and walked out. Riri guessed it was to give them some privacy.

"Nah, I bet you two will be getting married by then."

Riri let out a laugh at that but then saw how her mom was dead serious, "What makes you say that?"

"Riri, I've always told you that there's no time stamp on love but you never listened to me. I've had two soulmates in my lifetime child, your father and Gary, so believe and listen to me honey when I say this: You don't get to pick the time when you take new steps, the time picks you."

That made Riri sit and think for a few minutes. Love was something she really didn't know anything about. She could tell you the answer to any math or science problem there is but ask her anything about love, she'll just have a dumbfounded look on her face and ignore you. However since she found her soulmate, she was now willing to learn.

"RI," Riri snapped back at the sound of her mother calling her name, "I was just saying goodbye and that I'll tell Gary and your sister that you called."

Riri nodded her head and said her goodbyes to her mother.

"What will the colors of our wedding be?" Riri looked up to see her girlfriend now out of her pjs and in day clothes.