Chapter 8

I was sitting in the office going through paperwork when I heard the door open ever heard of knocking I said before looking up it was derek can I help you I said politely can we talk please he said staring at me is it about work no he said after a while then no I said done with the whole thing Addison I blamed you for years thinking you hurt me and how do I know your telling the truth I spoke with mer last night and she said maybe you lied for attention he finished looking at me with a challenging look making me mad how dare you I said come with me I stormed out to find mark he was talking with jake but in my rage I didn't care mark I said getting his attention yeah he said as I got close them tell him what happened the night he walked in because I'm going to deck him mark stared at me for a minute before turning to derek she tried to kill herself she got drunk on vodka took a pile of sleeping tablets and cut her wrists I made her sick she was out of it I watched her all night I laid beside her because she didn't want to tell you because you didn't care derek you chose work over your wife he said in a calm but deadly tone so are you done derek ok I never cheated on you but I don't know why I'm explaining myself to you we've been done years go back to your twelve year old slutty intern and leave me alone because I'm tired derek ok I'm tired of explaining myself to you to the captain I was finally happy ok derek but then you keep dragging the past up like it's going to help but you have a family derek ok you need to move on because I'm tired so fucking tired. I turned to mark and jake who looked shocked mark thank you I'll phone the twins later jake I'm sorry you had to hear all that I then went to the office and basically collapsed into he chair feeling exhausted from today hoping for a better day tomorrow.
I heard you had a bad day Amelia said when I got home how did you get in I said confused your window was open she said casually making me laugh loudly wanna watch tv and shout at it she said grabbing some popcorn and putting on love island