Prologue

*IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE*
I was young when I wrote this so there are a lot of grammatical errors and spelling errors! Things also get mixed up! I am aware!!!

Please be kind and keep your comments about my spelling and story errors in this book to yourself! I was in seventh grade when I wrote it and it was my very first one. I don't have the time to go back through and correct every little error.

I worked very hard and did my best! Please just enjoy it or if the errors are too much, quit reading!

THANK YOU :)
*******************************************

"Don't you understand? We never loved you! You're worthless!" My father yelled. "The day you were born was never supposed to happen! We were planning on getting rid of you."

To say my feelings were hurt was an understatement. I knew my parents never loved me, they showed that, but to hear it was something else. I could feel my wolf sharing my feelings, just as in pain and torment as I was. I wish I wasn't responsible for putting my wolf through such things.

"No ones ever loved you, and no one ever will." He finished. The look in his eyes wasn't as emotionless as it always was. This time there was a fire that burned in them, screaming with hatred.

There was a growl next to me, bringing me back to the real world. I turned to see Lucca laying in his cell, glaring at my father. 

This kind of dramatic behavior was normal though, I thought it would stop hurting after awhile but it never did. To feel unwanted was one thing, but to be unwanted as well as physically, emotionally and mentally abused by your parents was a whole other level. A kind of trauma in someone's life that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

I ignored them as they continued to shout at me until they got tired enough to go up stairs. I sighed and lay down on the cold cement floor. It had been my only comfort for far too long, that was until Lucca showed up.

"Don't listen to them Elijah. I love you, you're like a little sister to me. You are a kind and sweet soul, you deserve so much better than this and please, never forget that." Lucca pleaded.

I knew that, Lucca was the only one who cared for me and the only one who proabably ever would. Although I don't know if I could ever believe that I deserved better than this. After all, this had to have been the cards I was dealt with for a reason.

After all my parents had said, I wasn't sure I even believed Lucca. It hurt to feel alone and unwanted, it hurt to know you were a dissapointment and an animal in someone elses eyes. I never knew love and I was sure I never would. I never knew what it was like to feel happy or be outside, to feel free and in charge of my own future. All I had ever known was what giant negativity I was to the world, I don't see what will ever change that.