Unexpected Outcome

Start from the beginning

"It's probably because I'm the first on her recent list because she thanked me for giving her food last night" I explain.

"What? When did that happen? Is that why she's not opening up to me? Am I not considerate enough?"

Seeing him look hurt and sad is making realize that maybe I am doing too much for Yeji. I should tell him to do it instead of taking care of her by myself.

"She's probably just being considerate because you can't miss school much and I can. She does know your grade situation" I make up an excuse so he's not too hurt.

"I guess but thanks for taking her here. You can go home now if you want. I'll update you when I hear anything" he sighs.

I should probably go home and let him handle this but I don't want to. I don't know why I don't want to though.

"You shouldn't go through this alone" I use him as an excuse so I can stay.

I'm just worried about the baby. That's why I want to stay. I think that's what it is.

"Ryujin. Beomgyu" the nurse at the desk calls our name so we both stand up.

"Your mom wants to see you in her office" she informs us and our faces clearly shows our disappointment because we were hoping to hear an update about Yeji.

"Thanks" we both answer as we make our way to the main hospital.

"What do you think she's gonna talk to us about?" Beomgyu ask.

"She probably wants to tell us how much she loves us" I sarcastically answer.

"Really?" He seriously asks.

"Of course not, dinggus. She's probably gonna ask why we're not in school" I push him.

"The other thing is also possible. Maybe she's in a good mood today" he tries to defend her.

"We will see I guess" we finally reach the elevator.

We go in and press the number where our mom's office is. The elevator opens and as we walk down the halls, people greet us but I know they're probably talking about our family behind our backs. Especially today because of Yeji being Beomgyu's girlfriend and she's pregnant.

We stop walking once we reach our mom's office.

"You should knock" I say to my brother.

"No, you should do it" sometimes he can be such a coward.

"Fine" I don't know why I try to even get him to do things when I end up doing it in the end anyways.

I quietly knock, hoping she doesn't hear it so we can leave then we can use it as an excuse later. We can say we knocked and no one answered so we left but we aren't that lucky.

"Come in" she says so we have no choice but to walk in and see what she has to tell us.

We walk in with our heads down and our hands in front of us to look as pathetic as possible. We didn't plan this but it became our unspoken rule whenever our mom wants to speak to us then we just assume we're in trouble.

"Sit" she orders and we quickly walk to the chairs with our heads still facing down.

To look like we regret whatever we're gonna get in trouble for, we make sure our legs are closed and we put our hands on top of our knees.

"Yeji is okay" she says and we both look at her to see if she's really our mom.

The mother we know wouldn't have started with saying that. She would have yelled at us for leaving school but it's really her in front of us.