Chapter 3

Splinter continues walking only to bump into his eldest son. "Good morning, Red."

"Oh, uh. Morning pops! You seen Leo?" He asks, looking down at his father.

"Ah yes, he's in the dojo, training. My son, why don't you come with me and have a chat? You seem distracted lately." He tries to reach for his eldests shoulder. Raph crouches down to meet his father's eyes.

"Maybe another time, pops. I really need to talk to Leo." He stands back up and walks in the direction of the dojo. His father just shakes his head.

'What has become of you red one,' Splinter thinks to himself.

"LEO!" Raph yells as he walks into the dojo.

"AGH! Shit!" Leo was mid flip as Raph yelled in his direction. "What the hell, Raph?!" Leo yells as Raph walks over to him.

"Why didn't you wake us! We could have been ready to go by now!" Leo rolls his eyes in response.

"Well, maybe because I wanna make sure you're all well rested. I was just gonna come and get you all up! Stop questioning my judgement. I'm the leader now! I have been for years now! So get off your high horse! For fuck sake Raph, I could have sent my sword your way! Are you dumb?! You should know better! Now get in the kitchen. I'm gonna get everyone up. Or do you wanna do it, seeing as you're so eager for the mission?" Leo sheaths his swords and storms past Raph bumping his shoulder as he passes him.

Raph just stands there, shocked. 'Leo has never spoken to me like that.' He looks down to his hands and sighs, walking to the kitchen as instructed. Sitting in his seat, he is soon joined by his brothers.

"Right so we all remember the plan?" The boys all look at Leo.

"One more time just to refresh our memory. Please." Mikey asks with a smile on his face.

"Okay! So! I'm gonna portal us in, close to the control room so Donnie can hack it. I know you can do it from here but I don't wanna risk them tracking it back to the Lair. So he's gonna shut the security off, Raph you and Mikey are gonna be a distraction, keep The Foot busy while me and Donnie head to the main hall, grab the artefact. Once we've done that I'll radio you guys. Mikey can portal you out, we've been practising. Haven't we Mike?" Mikey nods. "We get the artefact, at any cost. The Foot can't keep this one. I'm not making the same mistake twice. If we need to take a hostage. Then we do so." Leo stands up and looks to his brothers. The seriousness on his face tells them everything they need to know. Leo isn't messing around.

They all nod.

"Okay go suit up!"

Everyone does as told but Raph.

"A hostage? Leo, we don't roll like that!"

A sigh escapes Leo. "Just trust me.. For once."

"Fine.. but I don't like it." He says as he also leaves to suit up.

"My son." Leo turns to face his father.

"Yeah dad?"

"Go easy on, Raphael. Hes struggling. I don't want to see my boys fighting. Especially on an important mission. Keep your mind focused on the mission and we shall talk to your brother afterwards." Splinter puts his hand on Leo's shoulder. "I'm proud of the young man you've become."

Leo smiles. "Thanks pops!"

The rest of the team re-enter the kitchen. "Ready guys?" They all nod. Leo quickly opens a portal. "Hop in guys! See you soon pops!"

They all quickly jump through the portal.

"Be safe my sons."

They all landed on the roof directly across from the main foot headquarters. They quickly started looking at the security. Two guards at the door. Using his goggles Donnie explained that theres at least ten guards on every floor. That doesn't seem to be all that many.