Chapter 1

Leo, now in his mid twenties, sits on a rooftop watching New York wake up. Not like the city slept. A smile creeps onto Leo's face.

"I can hear you." He stands and faces his little brother.

"DAMN IT!" The younger of the two looks at his brother in disappointment.

"Cmon Mikey, you should have this down by now. If I can hear you creeping around then so can dad." He walks over to his sibling and places a hand on his shoulder. "We'll pick up training again tomorrow." He says through a yawn.

"But.. Leo. We have a stealth mission tomorrow, remember?" He questions.

"Really that's tomorrow.. huh.. I better.. never mind! Let's go home. Now how you wanna get home portal oooooor roof-"

"ROOFTOPS! We haven't done that in so long!" The smaller of the two yells ad he dances around. Leo smiles as he looks at his sibling.

The trip home was uneventful. Thankfully its been years since they saw any real crime. The Foot pretty much abandoned every after the even. The Purple Dragons are manly Donnies problem. Other than petty crime there's been nothing on the surface. Donnie, with the help of Draxum of course learnt how to demutate people. At least then they can go back to their normal lives.

They walk into their subway home. Leo sighs, looking around. The place just doesn't feel the same. They've lived there for almost ten years now. The old Lair had everything, and what they could salvage wasn't all that great. There's just something he couldn't shake about the place.

"Good morning. Late night?" Raph asks.

"Oh hey, Raph! Didn't see you there.. and no, it was fairly quiet. Just brushed up on some training. So if you wouldn't mind. I'm gonna head to bed. Ready for tomorrow's mission. It's gonna be a long one." Leo says as he walks past the larger turtle heading towards his train car.

"Leo. Are you okay?" Raphael looks at his younger brother. The younger of the two stops in his tracks. He turns to face his brother. Something that doesn't happen all too often these days.

"Heh. I'm fine Raph." He flashes a bright smile at his brother. He turns away and walks back to his room.

"Raph, you should know better than to ask him that. He always lies." The older of the twins pipes up.

"Dee, he doesn't! You shoulda seen him out there last night! I haven't seen him move like that in years! His portals were perfect! His moves everything he was doing was just so precise." Mikey yells, excited to explain all what he saw.

The years after the incident were hard for the brothers. Each one of them struggling in their own ways.

Leonardo the learder. He struggled at almost everything. Looking his brothers in the eyes. Picking up his swords. Talking to his farthers. Even making jokes. He's trying to grow as a leader and a brother recently. He wants to prove himself.

Raphael strongest of the brothers couldn't sleep. He almost lost his sight in one eye, he blames himself for what happened that day. Which is completely understandable, he did attack his brothers. Heck he almost killed one of them. Raph and Leo have worked psst their shared trauma but they still have their days like every family.

Now for the brains of the outfit. Donatello. He felt utterly useless compared to his more physically capable brothers. He did learn that the tech wasn't the only thing he was good for in time. He learned his skills as a fight were valued.

Mikey, the baby! The family glue. He knows his brothers better than they know themselves. But he doesn't look after himself. He cares for everyone. The day of the incident his arms were injured, but he's now mastered his abilities with the help of a new friend.