CHAPTER TWO

RUNAWAY: CHAPTER TWO2926 words

2926 words

At school Caramel is sitting at a table with the Serpents as they all watched a video of some redheaded boy from Riverdale High vowing to take down the Black Hood, they all found it pretty funny. As they watched it Jughead started walking over to them.

"Hey, guess we're not watching funny cat videos." He said as he approached the table.

"Check this out," Sweet Pea turns the laptop around so Jughead could see the video. "Some sick in the head Northsider posted this and... We were just talking."

"About what?" Jughead asks.

"Well Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes and I say he brings us the head of this Northsider, he's in." Sweet Pea replies.

Caramel rolls her eyes at him, "Don't tell me you wouldn't be doing the same thing if some serial killer started targeting Serpents."

Sweet Pea looks over at her and shrugs, "That's not the point... The point is this is a good opportunity to get Fangs his stripes."

"I'm down with it," Fangs says and a few Serpents including Sweet Pea start laughing and cheering for him.

Jughead shakes his head, "No guys... I know this guy, he's a milquetoast, a football player. Kind of a lame target is all I'm saying." He points at Fangs, "You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?"

Sweet Pea scoffs, "And why would we do that? The Black Hood's targeting Northsiders who do nothing but blame us for everything that's wrong with this town. We're sick of it, Black Hood's doing our work for us, he's a hero."

"Look I know you have some sort of vendetta against the Northside but maybe you shouldn't be sympathizing with a wannabe serial killer," Caramel says to him.

"Cara you wouldn't get it... You're not even from Riverdale." He replies.

Then Toni speaks up, "She's got a point, Sweet Pea. Plus there's nothing to say he won't go for one of us, he's probably going to attack or kill a Southsider... Hell, even a Serpent eventually."

"Whatever, right now he's going after Northsiders and that's good in my book." Sweet Pea says back to her.

"Well," Toni gets up from her seat.  "You guys have fun obsessing over serial killers, me and Cara are heading to class." She turns to look over at Cara, "you coming?"

Caramel nods and stands up, "Yeah... Bye, guys." She says to the others before following Toni to class.

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

After school ended Caramel walked into the newspaper room and saw that Toni and Jughead were already there talking about something, she wasn't sure what but she did overhear mentions of serial killers before walking inside.  She puts her bag down and sits beside Toni.