PROLOGUE

RUNAWAY: PROLOGUE810 words

RUNAWAY: PROLOGUE
810 words

Forsythia Pendleton-Jones was a troubled kid and despite her name, she was definitely not rich, for one she used to live in a trailer park and now she's living in a scrapyard, not that she minds being there considering she has food and shelter and everything she could ever need, she was a simple girl. Only two things were ruining her perfect life, her father and her brother not being with her but sadly, they were back in her hometown of Riverdale and she was staying with her mother and younger sister in Toledo which was pretty far away from the town she used to call home.

Over the past few weeks, thoughts of running away from the scrapyard had plagued her mind but she just pushed most of those thoughts away because she just assumed that she would never get to Riverdale.

Caramel sighed as she looked out of the window of the small shack she called her bedroom, from what she could tell it was around midnight. She laid down on her thin and pretty uncomfortable mattress and tried to get at least a little sleep, she had been having insomnia a lot lately so there wasn't much guarantee but she laid her head down and closed her eyes.

Caramel had soon awoken a couple of hours later and hoped it would be a time when it would be acceptable to wake up but it was only around three in the morning which wasn't exactly the most acceptable time to get out of bed. 

She laid still for a while and just could not stop thinking about running away and at this point she didn't care whether or not she made it to Riverdale, she had run away from the scrapyard before but always came back but this time she wouldn't, she would stay in Riverdale with her brother and father... If she even made it there of course.

"Fuck it," she muttered to herself before getting out of bed and grabbing a bag so that she could pack up a few of her belongings, not that she had many in the first place.  She grabbed a black hoodie and pulled it over her head and then threw her 'Toledo Serpents' jacket on top of that.  She then grabbed her shoes and put them on before grabbing a pile of clothes and her watch as well as a few other bits and pieces and throwing them in her bag. 

Unlike the other times she ran away this time was serious, the other times were just her being overly dramatic because her mom had found her alcohol stash and confiscated it or something but this time she was genuinely going to leave although she was unsure if she would return at some point or if she would just  stay in Riverdale but she decided not to think about that just yet.

Caramel walked for a few miles and was getting closer to the bus station that she saw on her map, it was outdated but she hoped the bus station that she was heading to was still open.

Finally after walking for an hour or so she arrived outside of a small brick building with a sign above it with the words 'Bus Terminal' which was a good sign.  She entered and let out a sigh of relief when she noticed that people were inside, not that many but there were a couple.  She checked the sign stating the bus times and noticed one for Riverdale would be arriving soon so she walked up to the clerk and asked for a ticket to Riverdale before sitting down and waiting for a while until it arrived.

The bus journey was very uneventful although it lasted for around eight hours. She got off the bus and walked out of the Riverdale bus station, going out into the streets as memories of her hometown came flooding back to her, both bad and good but nostalgic nonetheless. 

Now all she needed was a place to stay for the night and remembered a small alleyway that her and her brother used to hang out in all the time and decided to head there, she couldn't go back to the trailer park yet, she was too tired to deal with what would happen if she went there.  She soon found the alleyway and put her leather jacket down so she wasn't lying on the ground and laid down, using her clothing filled bag as a pillow for her head.

She had never run this far away before and it was extremely nerve-racking but she was still glad that she had done it, she thought about all the things that might happen when she goes to visit her dad and brother, eventually falling asleep knowing that anything could happen to her the next day.