🏒| BUDDY POINTS

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," he smiled.

"What position do you play?" I let go of his hand and tilted my head to the side.

He answered, "Forward."

After we all talked for a bit, we decided to get our lanes. Lane 6 was Ethan, Rutger, Dylan, and I while Lane 7 was Mark, Brooklyn, Johnny, and Luke. I grabbed a pink 8 pound ball and walked back to the lane while smiling.

The order of our lane was me, Ethan, Rutger, then Dylan. I walked up to the lane and rolled my ball. Instantly it rolled into the gutter. "Oh," I laughed while walking back. The boys mockingly cheered as I walked back causing me to roll my eyes. "I've got this!" That was a lie. I haven't bowled since 10th grade. I rolled the bowling ball again and hit 4 pins.

Ethan smiled wide as I walked back. He passed by me since it was his turn and gave me a high five. "Good job, Esme." Even though it wasn't a lot, it still caused butterflies to form in my stomach. Maybe it was the eye contact. Maybe it was the way he smiled at me. It was definitely something about him. I went to sit down next to Rutger and decided to spark some conversation with him and Dylan.

"Rutger, you really know how to throw a party." I smiled while watching Ethan bowl.

He took that to heart because a flattered smile on his face grew wide. "You think so?"

"Yeah!" I looked over at him while nodding my head. "Ethan and I had a blast, so did Brooklyn and Mark."

Ethan came walking back shortly after while pointing at the screen above us. I looked up and saw that he got a spare. "That's how you bowl!" He yelled, smiling victoriously. Rutger then got up while chuckling under his breath. Ethan sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. He looked down at me with a teasing look and chuckled, "We seriously need to go on more bowling dates." I rolled my eyes at his comment and looked straight ahead to see Rutger knock down 8 pins.

Dylan walked up to the bowling lane and rolled the ball. He instantly got a strike which made all our jaws drop. "Suck on that, Eddy!" he cheered while pointing at Ethan.

I got up at the same time as Brooklyn and smiled. She looked back at Ethan and raised her eyebrows. I dismissed it and rolled my bowling ball. I got 5 pins this time. At least it was half.

After Ethan bowled, he walked up to me and smiled. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" he asked.

"Uh, sure! Can you get me some sweet tea?" I asked. He nodded his head and made his way to the concessions. Rutger rolled a strike and smiled wide as he came back. I looked up at the board and I was 20 points behind all of them. "Good job, Rutger!" I held up my hand to give him a high five. He took it and smiled. Dylan did the same thing and walked back. I also gave him a high five and went up to bowl for myself.

🏒🥅

When we finished bowling, All the boys had over 100 points while I had 60. I didn't take it personally, I just wanted to have fun. I knew I wasn't gonna win anyway. I finished my tea and threw my trash away as we walked away from our lanes. We said bye to Rutger and Dylan because they had to get back to catch their other plans with the other boys.

Now it was just me, Brooklyn, Mark, Ethan, Luke, and Johnny. "You guys wanna hit the arcade?" Luke asked while pointing at the little arcade area.

We all said yes and made our way over to the arcade area. We got game cards and we separated into pairs. Obviously the couples went together and Luke and Johnny went together. I pointed out the Jurassic Park shooter game and looked up at Ethan while smiling. "You wanna play that?" I asked.

"Duh," he laughed. We made our way over to the game. I hopped in and he sat next to me. I swiped my card and he swiped his. "How good are you at this?"

"Better than bowling," I glanced over at him. I locked into the game and began shooting. Him and I screamed and laughed while playing. His character got killed first, but I was still going strong. When I won the game, I cheered really loud. "Yes!" Ethan gave me a high five out of celebration before we made our way to the next game. We passed by a claw machine game, Ethan eyeing it as we walked by. "Ethan, those things take your money." I turned around to look at him.

He had a fake pout on his face as he looked between me and the claw machine. "I wanna win you something," he said. I let out a sigh and let him play. "Which one do you want?" he asked. They were all different types of Squishmallows and they were all cute, but my eyes immediately landed on the green dinosaur Squishmallow.

"That one," I pointed it out like a child while smiling. He accepted my challenge and attempted to get the plush for me. He didn't get it the first 3 times, he grew more frustrated after each attempt. "It's fine. I don't need it," I assured him. I placed my hand on his shoulder, but he refused to give up. He didn't verbally answer me, he instead swiped his card.

I got so used to the false hope of the plush being picked up and then dropped again, but this time it dropped into the box. I gasped as Ethan bent down to grab it, he held out the Squishmallow to me like it was a ring. "Here you go," he says with a sly smirk. I took it from his hands and smiled wide.

"You're the best boyfriend I could've ever asked for," I gushed. He wrapped his arm around me and we made our way toward Johnny and Luke who were playing at the basketball game.

Luke was like a robot, he made almost every shot. Johnny couldn't shoot to save his life. When the boys stopped, Luke boasted about how he beat Johnny. "Whatever," Johnny rolled his eyes. They finally noticed us watching them. "Hey guys!"

"I guarantee I can beat you Luke," Ethan challenged.

A smirk grew on Luke's face as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You think so, tough guy?" His eyebrows raised in disbelief. Ethan and Luke got ready for their game and they swiped their cards. "Ready? Go!" They hit the start button and began shooting.

Johnny clapped as he cheered for Luke, "Your boyfriend is going down, Esme!" He laughed.

"I choose to disagree!" However, Johnny was right. Ethan couldn't shoot either. It ended with Luke winning again and bragging. "I'll do it!" I walked up to the game and swiped my card.

Luke smirked, "Alright." He then swiped his own card. "Ready? Go!" We hit the start button at the same time and started shooting. I could hear Ethan cheer for me as I shot the baskets.

I wasn't doing bad, I was actually doing really good. I tried my best not to get distracted with Luke next to me as he would grunt every time he missed a shot. I missed a couple shots, obviously, but Luke missed his last shot making me the winner. "Yes!!" I cheered and high-fived Johnny. Ethan picked me up and spun me around while I screamed, "Put me down!" When he did I walked up to Luke and held out my hand to shake, "Good game, Hughskey." I could tell I was getting buddy points instantly by the way those two treated me, especially Rutger.

"Your girlfriend's the shit, Edwards!" Johnny wrapped his arm around Ethan while smiling wide.

Ethan laughed before meeting my eyes. "She really is."