🏒| ON TO CANADA

͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙Friday, December 23rd

Friday, December 23rd

"Esme," Ethan shook me. "Wake up." My eyes slowly opened and I saw I had fallen asleep in the car on the way to the airport.

I yawned loudly while stretching my arms. "What time is it?" I asked, looking over at him.

Mark checked his phone. "5:45 AM." He looked back at me and smiled. "You ready?" I nodded and got out of the car along with him, Ethan, and Brooklyn.

I grabbed my suitcase and backpack along with the rest of the group and we made our way toward the airport. It was too early for this, I could fall asleep right there in the middle of the road. I rubbed my eyes, yawning again as we entered the airport.

When we stepped inside, I saw how decorated the airport was for the holidays. There were ornaments that hung from the ceiling that glimmered in the light causing a glittery pattern to form on the floor. It reminded me of Home Alone 2 in a way.

It took us forever to check in due to how many people were also leaving for the holidays. Our flight was on Air Canada and we were boarding at 8:25 AM. We finally made it to our gate at 7:45. I felt my stomach grumble causing me to groan. "You okay?" Ethan asked while walking next to me.

I shook my head, "I'm starving." I complained.

Ethan looked around and spotted a bagel place. "We can get something there. Do you like bagels?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled a bit. We made our way to the bagel place while Brooklyn and Mark searched for something else to eat. Ethan and I just got regular toasted bagels and I got a latte. We waited at our gate and ate our food as Brooklyn and Mark came back with Dunkin.

After we finished our bagels, it was our time to board the plane. Ethan and I went before Brooklyn and Mark since our seats were closer to the front. "You ready to fly?" He asked me.

"I don't know..." I muttered, I've never been on a plane before and I was getting nervous. "I've never been on a plane. Like ever."

"Really?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. Him and I made it to our seats. I had to sit in the middle seat because I was smaller than Ethan, so he sat in the window seat.

Eventually Brooklyn and Mark passed by us and waved. "Good luck," Brooklyn smiled at me. She knew I was a little worried, but I tried to play it cool.

30 minutes later, the flight took off. When the plane sped up, I winced. Ethan grabbed my hand and looked over at me. "It's okay," he assured me. When the plane got off the ground, I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths. Breathe, breathe, breathe.

After a bit, I grew comfortable with being in the air. It wasn't that bad. I played Agnes by Glass Animals in my airpods while reading The Love Hypothesis. I had downloaded one of my playlists that had Glass Animals, TV Girl, Tyler, the Creator, and Rex Orange County for the plane so I wouldn't be bored. Thank god for Spotify Premium.