Chapter 1

"Ed Sheeran," the teacher's voice rang out through the quiet classroom. All heads turned towards the red headed boy sitting in front of me. He lazily turned around to smirk at the angry teacher.

"Yes Ms. Amber?" his british accent filling the air. His smirk widened as the teacher's cheeks flared a dark shade of red, her anger boiling.

"The class happens to be in the front of the room, Mr Sheeran not at Mr. Horan's desk," her calm voice answered him. As much as I tried I couldn't stop the grin spreading wide on my face.

"Is something funny Mr. Horan?" Ms. Amber turned her attention to me, her ice blue eyes piercing into mine with much hate. I shook my head absentmindedly.

"Very well then, get back to work class." As soon as her blue eyes fell back down to the book in her lap Ed was back to looking at me, a sadistic smirk playing on his lips. The rest of the class went back to work on their calculus homework where as Ed continued to babble on about some blonde chick he'd been with. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I tried concentrating on the words coming out of his mouth but I just didn't have it in me.

You see Ed was very popular with the ladies, with his british accent and flowy red hair. So I was used to his stories, but at some point I just got bored of them. I'm not saying that I'm unpopular with the girls, it's just not my preference if you catch my drift.

Ed is in with the popular crowd, and I guess you could say that was the reason why he got all the girls. I suppose I was in the popular group as well, but it was all because of him, because he's friends with me. I say this because if I were to disappear and not come to school no one would think twice about it, but as for Ed if he went missing they would send a search team to go looking for him.

I watched as Ed's lips moved, forming words, but I couldn't tell what he was saying. I was in a trance with my thoughts and his words meant nothing to me at the moment.

"Niall?" Ed's voice brought me back to reality. "Alright mate, you're stuck in your thoughts, I'll leave ya be for now," he smiled. I nodded as he turned back to his work.

I didn't even bother trying to finish my work, it was last period on a Friday and I was tired. I closed my eyes for a second before turning my head towards the window. It was fall outside and almost all the trees were naked of their colorful leaves. It was actually a peaceful sight, the leaves blowing in the wind as the empty yard sat alone with no warm body in sight. The many trees that covered the yard were scattered around like someone ran through the place throwing seeds wherever they pleased.

I scanned the yard with my eyes in search of anything that could distract me from the bordem this classroom brought me. I sighed almost ready to give up my search and go back to the hard work awaiting me on my scratched desk. Then my eyes caught sight of movement behind the furthest tree to the left. There was nothing there, but I'd sworn I saw the flicker of black. And I was right. A boy around my age with messy curls came from behind the tree with an evil smirk on his lips. He was gorgeous. His skin looked like procelain glass, white as a ghost and his eyes were visibly green, a beautiful emerald color. I sigh in content with just the sight of him. He looked down at the ground with a soft smile on his face.

Another boy appeared from behind the tree, this one with black hair in a quiff. Caramel colored skin and dark brown eyes, almost black. He didnt have a smile on his face, he had a frown that connected his eyebrows. He stepped forward and shoved the younger looking boy away, anger flashing in his dark eyes. He yelled something then laughed, throughing his head back, as his friend toppled over face first into the dirt covered ground.

The two boys laughed together as another appeared from behind the large tree. He was lean and muscular, only wearing jeans and a tight t-shirt. I shivered as I watched him approche the others. Isn't he a little cold? It is fall after all, not summer. I thought to myself, confused. His hair was shaved, it looked nice like that, it suited him. His head snapped to the side, looking up into the tree he'd just walked away from. He shouted something up. I dragged my eyes up the tree to see another boy sitting on one of the branches. Why didn't I see him before? I jumped a bit as I saw that he was looking at me. I chill ran up and down my arms.

This boy was wearing red skinny jeans, and a black shirt with white stripes. His hair looked feather soft, everything about him shouting gorgeous. My breath caught as I stared into his eyes. They were the best part. They were blue/green, they sort of looked like the Earth. I realized that he was still staring at me with a curious smirk. I blinked once and frowned. I looked back at the others, my insides froze.

The three boys had stopped what they were doing, all four pairs of eyes, that were now all the same color, golden, were staring blankly at me. I tried to keep in the whimper as an unsettling feeling crept over me.

There was something wrong with those eyes.

Those golden eyes...

Louis' P.O.V

My legs dangled from the tree branche as I stared into one of the classroom windows. A blonde head of hair visible at the far end of the room. A red headed boy facing in his direction talking to him about god knows what. He didn't seem interested in the least by the way his eyes were too concentrated on his desk rather than his red headed friend. When his friend finally turned his attention back to the papers on his desk, I willed the blonde to look at me. I willed him to find me. I wanted to see the color of his eyes, so I could read his thoughts. His eyes first fell on Harry, the curly headed one, then Zayn, then Liam. It took Liam's shouts for him to realize I was sitting in the tree. He was taken aback when he saw me looking back at him. But I knew deep down he didn't mind because he knew I was different than anyone else he'd ever laid eyes on. The reason I knew that of course was because I was reading his deepest darkest thoughts, he might not even know he was thinking them.

His eyes were a shade of blue I'd never seen before, they were beautiful and captivating. I got lost in them, until I realized the other lads had stopped what they were doing and staring motionlessly at the blue eyed beauty. The blonde boy looked terrified in the least, especially when he realized our eyes had changed. His eyebrows knitted together and I could practically feel the goosebumps appearing on his arms.

"He's mine." I whispered as the final bell rang from inside the school, stealing the boy's attention away from our preying eyes.