📄

On Monday, Mercedes sang Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas (is You) while the whole group decorated a Christmas tree in the choir room. It was great fun as everyone (even Rachel) was in a festive mood.

Mr. Shue got the idea to have Secret Santa again. He wanted it and the Christmas concert to be annual traditions.

Artie was pleased to get Marcy. He wasn't sure what to get her but he knew he wanted it to be fantastic.

Marcy was pleased to get Artie. She knew exactly what she wanted to get him and began sketching up ideas and logistics as soon as she went home.

This was going to be the best Christmas yet.

📄

Mercedes was a little dismayed to get Rachel. She didn't know what to do for the Jewish diva. She could go generic and get her something shiny. But she wasn't sure she wanted to. As mad as she was at the younger Leo, Mercedes was still kind.

Even with those hormones...

Then it hit her. Rachel wanted to belong. Somewhere and to someone. Mercedes knew about Rachel's Shelby issues. She knew how hard it was for the girl to not have a mom for her entire life and then for her to show up for three minutes and leave again.

She couldn't salvage Rachel's relationship with her birth mother but she could play matchmaker for her and have her have her own love connection.

Mercedes knew what Rachel had told Kurt (he'd told her) so she figured getting her a soulmate was step one but getting her friends was the true kicker. Mercedes hated popularity with a passion but knew Rachel craved it.

She couldn't have the rest of the school change their attitudes towards the Broadway wannabe but maybe she could change her friends'?

Mercedes thought up shopping as a tentative excursion for Rachel to connect to the group (of girls). But for that to happen, she needed Rachel's biggest hater (Quinn) and the person who could hurt her the most (Marcy) to go along with it.

Mercedes also knew they'd have to go shopping for things Marcy liked to insure she went but also for things for Quinn to insure she'd keep her poison to a minimum.

Mercedes thought up shopping for books and jewels. She called her sisters when she got home as she was changing out of her uniform.

She called Marcy first (the biggie).

"Hello?" Marcy sounded distracted.

"Hey. It's Mercy. Do you want to go book and jewel shopping with Kurt and the girls?"

Marcy was silent for a moment. "No."

Mercedes' eyes nearly fell out of her head. "You don't want to go book shopping?!"

"I mean I do want to go but I need to go shopping for other stuff more."

Mercedes was intrigued. "What?"

"I need to go to Home Depot, a fabric store, a carpet store, HomeGoods and to Mr. Hummel's body shop."

Mercedes was intrigued by all of that. "Okay. We can do that."

"When we finish, we can go shopping for jewels. No books."

Mercedes was bowled over. Marcy's hormones must still be intact. "We can shop for books. We need to read more anyway."

Marcy giggled. "Okay. Meet you at Home Depot in thirty? Make sure your twin is on time and I'll get after mine."

Mercedes giggled. "Deal. Bye."