He stood up and approached her slowly.

"Xavier! you have an amazing view from-"

"Be mine" he said, looking dead serious.

She gasped, putting a hand on her mouth and blinked rapidly trying to process his words.

"Wh-what?"

"I said be mine Coco. I know I am not the best man for your kind self but you make me want to be a better man. And I am too selfish to let you go without even trying."

He didn't speak anything further giving her time to think about his shitty and random proposal and then give her response. He followed the voice of his heart and confessed because he knew it would kill him to see her with another man when he could make her his right now. If she allows that is.

Her face heated up the longer she stayed there. What should she say? She only came to know about her developing crush on him very recently, it is all too good to be true.

"Xavier I-" she started and then stopped. He was looking at her with so much love and adoration, not even blinking as if she was the only thing in his line of sight. It was nothing like she imagined her proposal to be like. She didn't know that she would be tongue tied when asked to be someone's girlfriend.

"Hmm" he said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She sighed in contentment and looked down, closing her eyes.
"Yes" she whispered ever so slowly that he would've surely missed it had they not been standing so close in a completely silent room.

"What? Say that again for me baby." he asked, still unsure if it was his imagination or she actually said it.

She covered her face with her pretty hands and said
"I won't say it again Xavier, you're making me shy"

A slow but full blown smile broke out on his face and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Thank you" he said, kissing the crown of her head.

"I know it was very sudden but I will make it up to you."

After sometime he added "It would've been the biggest regret of my life"

She lifted her head a little from his neck to look at his face "What would?"

"To not have confessed at the right time and possibly lose you to someone. I don't think I would take that well." he said, looking away from her.

"The sincerity your eyes and your words held were all I needed for it to be a good proposal Xavier and you're perfect. Don't you dare to think otherwise alright or I will uhmmmm............ punish you. Yeah that's right. You will be severely punished."

He chuckled in his deep husky voice.

" Alright baby alright. You're the boss here."
She flushed a darker shade of crimson at both his voice and the term of endearment he used for her.

A few minutes later they pulled back. Ailee was looking everywhere but him, her face as red as a cherry.

Xavier looked at her with an amusing smile dancing on his lips and cupped her face with both his palms squishing her cheeks and making her look even tinier.

"Look at me Coco" and that she did, very slowly meeting his eyes.

"Hmm good girl, never look away from me" he ordered.

Ailee nodded with wide eyes unable to get rid of her blush.

"Let's go," he said, checking the time.

He promised to drop her before dinner and that is exactly what he will do.

___

But he never said that he would not take the longer route or take breaks in the middle.
They stopped by a bakery and celebrated their start of relationship with brownies and vanilla ice cream for Xavier.

___

Even after driving so slowly they reached her place sooner than they wanted and they stepped out of the car.

"Bye Tata! See you later." she said and turned around quickly only to be pulled back by strong arms.

"Not so soon" he said and gave her a lingering kiss on her forehead, painting her face red once again.

"Hmm your turn" he said looking satisfied.

She shook her head but one look from him and she gave in.

Holding his shoulders for support she stood on her toes and pressed her lips on his right cheek very gently, filling his space with her soothing scent.

His eyes closed on their own accord and he sighed.

When he opened his eyes again she was already running inside skipping her steps.

He shook his head, finding her behavior adorable and drove back to his office with a full smile, already missing her presence.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

FINALLY!

Thank you for the love and support.