✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺 ✰

Start from the beginning

I stood there relishing the feeling of his beard cheeks rubbing against my soft ones. The tiny pricks of his hair against my skin slowly diminishing my worries. I would happily die at this moment. 

We stayed like that for a moment until we pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. I stood there rooted to the ground, awestruck seeing the amount of love flowing from his eyes. I know a lot has happened to us, and after all, Ashwin is still by my side, cuddling me when we're not fighting, but I still really wanted to ask him what he thinks when he looks at me. It's inevitable. I can't control it. 

I felt something touching my right hand, and when I looked up, it was him intertwining my hand with his. 

"Let's go to our home." And there ladies and gentlemen, my heart burst with overwhelming feelings with his raspy voice "Our home". 

I gripped my purse tightly with my other hand as I realized what he was up to. I blushed instantly, just thinking about the fact that people would stare at us. 

We crossed the door of my office and one of the nurses made a point of making noise to draw the attention of the people in front of us. 

"Achu...Everyone is staring at us." I whispered, huddled into his chest, full of embarrassment. 

Here at Waverely Hills, as in every workplace, there are rules that we must follow, which included holding hands with someone is not allowed at this office. But the point is, I'm not bothered. I'm just embarrassed by all this attention. 

"Let them think what they want," he looked at me for a fraction of a second before returning his gaze to the front, "I don't care about their opinion. I only care about you." A whole cage of butterflies fluttered against my rib cage, and at this time I snuggled into his bicep more comfortably, but only because he is with me. I feel protected with Ashwin around. 

When we got to my car, I asked myself how he got to the clinic because his house is a long way from there and it would be absurd to walk. 

"Ashwineyy, did you come by car?"

"No," he said, simply, making me widen my eyes. 

"Did you walk here," I exclaimed, seeing that he laughed at my O expression. 

"I needed to talk to you. Since you weren't answering my calls, I decided to come." He said with a smile on his face and I rolled my eyes. 

"I won't even argue," I whispered looking at the opposite side of him. 

I felt my purse being pulled from my shoulder and before I could say anything Ashwin had handed it back, dangling my car keys in his hand. 

"I will drive." He entered the driver's seat without looking at me, making me silently chuckle at his attitude. 

"So you're back to working at Waverley Hills," Sam asked filling his hand with popcorn while staring at me

"Yes." I laughed at the face he made of relief.