Chapter forty-two

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, it's a two hour drive, plus I'm not sure if I want to see her."

"I think that maybe you should go." I shrugged. She eyed me.

"I don't know, I don't have enough time with work and..."

"You can go today, spend the night and come back tomorrow." She sighed, she was clearly conflicted on what to do.

"Will you come with me?"

"Baby, I'd love to, but I think that you should go alone, plus I just started feeling better and I have to catch up on a lot of homework."

"I'll go." I nodded and kissed her cheek. "Will you be here when I come back?"

"Yes baby, I will." I smiled. She was so cute. "Let's go pack your bag, okay?" She nodded and we went in her room. She picked out a change of clothes and a pair of pajamas and called her mum as I put them in a duffle bag.

"She will be waiting for me."

"Remember, whatever happens, I'm here for you, and no matter what she says you are who you are and you are worthy of love." She pulled me into a hug.

"I'm supposed be the wise adult." I chuckled and she cracked a smile.

"Don't let her words get to you, and call me if you need anything."

"Yes baby."

"And I'll be chilling here at your house waiting for you, so drive safe."

"Yes baby."

"And text me or call me when you get there." She chuckled.

"Yes mum" She mocked me, and I lightly shoved her.

"I will not apologize for caring." She pecked my lips, and I walked her to the door. She got in the car and drove away. I locked the door and laid on the couch. Moving in with her sounded like a good idea, I could ask for my work hours to be reduced and I'll have more time to focus on school and myself. Plus, I won't die from exhaustion.

I studied for a little, but I was bored, so I decided to call Charlie.

"Hey bro, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yep, I'm fine. I'm bored. Wanna come over? I'm at Athena's."

"Sure, I'll be there in thirty minutes."

Charlie came over and we spent the rest of the day together, I hadn't seen her since Monday. Athena called me when she got to her mum's house. Charlie informed on the school's latest gossip and I told her about my plan on moving in with Athena. She left at around 10.3. I ordered a burger, ate, and went to bed.

It was weird laying in Athena's bed when she wasn't around. I was starting to fall asleep when my phone rang. I answered without looking at the screen.

"Yeah?"

"Baby, did I wake you up?" Athena whispered.

"Babe, no, you didn't." I sat up on the bed.

"Are you sure? You sounded sleepy."

"Yes babe, I just laid in bed. How did things with your mum go?"

"We talked about a lot of stuff." She let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." A few seconds of silence followed.

"Babe?"

"I'm sad, our conversation resurfaced a lot of memories, good and bad ones."

"I wish I was there with you." I should have gone with her.