Chapter forty-two

Athena's POV

The day passed by fast, and at around 12.3, I got a text from Alex.

"Just woke up. Thank you for everything babe."

"How are you baby?" I texted back but got no reply.

Once school was over, I rushed home. I heard her coughing from the room.

"Hey baby." I told her softly, entering the room. She turned to look at me and coughed again.

"Hey." She said, her voice was raspy.

"How are you?"

"I can't stop coughing and my throat hurts." I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. I put my hand on her forehead, but she didn't have a fever. "I woke up with a fever and a headache."

"I'll go make you some tea." I went in the kitchen and made her the same mint- lemon that she made me when I was sick. I added a spoon on honey, mixed it and got it to her.

"Thank you, babe." She said taking it off my hands.

"When I woke up today, you had wrapped yourself with all the covers. You looked like the cutest burrito." I told her and she chuckled. She smiled at me. "I want to kiss you."

"Not a good idea. I'm sick."

"So? We already sleep on the same bed, plus I had the same thing a couple of months ago."

"No babe." She smiled and took a sip from the tea. Her eyes widened and she looked up at me.

"I remembered that you told me that your grandma used to make this for you when you were sick." She put the mug on the bedside table and pulled me into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"You are so amazing." I let my head lean on her shoulder and we remained hugged. "Thank you for taking care of me and always being there for me." We pulled away.

Alex's POV

For the rest of the week Athena took care of and made sure I ate and slept enough. She hasn't left my side for a minute. I didn't go to work on Thursday and Friday since I was still recovering. Anna told me not to worry about it and she gave me both Saturday and Sunday off as well. I've been feeling better since yesterday.

When I woke up Athena wasn't in the bedroom. I went in the bedroom, made myself presentable and walked in the living room.

"Good morning, babe."

"Good morning, baby. How did you sleep?"

"I slept well." I smiled and sat next to her. "I need to go get clothes from my house."

"You know, I've been thinking about it, since we are dating, you could, uh... if you wanted to, of course, move back here. If you wanted to, of course..." She said awkwardly and I smiled.

"It sounds nice." I smiled and her face lit up. "I already spend most of my time here anyway. But, if I move in, we are splitting the bills and the grocery shopping."

"Okay." She smiled and I pecked her lips. She cupped my cheek and kissed me. Her hand found its way into my hair, and she pulled them a little, as our tongues fought for dominance. "I missed kissing you." She said as we pulled away.

"I missed it too babe." I smiled.

"I talked with my mum."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, she told me that she's getting better and that she hopes to see me soon."

"Will you go to visit her?"