Boon or a Curse

Author's POV

"MATAAAA", scream of a young girl was heard along with footsteps getting louder and faster with every steps she took.

"MAAAAAA", she again screamed but now along with her, other footstep was also heard.

"Come here you elder devil!", came a man's voice.

"Nooo! I don't want to die today especially in your hands Bestiee, And I am NOT elder than you" She replied back.

"Mata, Please save me! Your little devil is trying to kill me" She said grabbing her mata's shoulder using her as shield.

"Offo! Kartikeya stop moving! She is using me as a shield and moving me here and there, I feel dizzy now", Kartikeya earned a scold from his mata which in no way sounded like one though.

"But maa-"

"Shut up and speak up!" his mother said trying to sound strict and annoyed but to be honest she was enjoying it actually.

"But how can I keep shutting up and speaking at the same time?!" Kartikeya said trying his best to not be sarcastic, earning a look from his mother.

"Aayanshi, darling you tell me what happened? Why was he running after you?"

"What happened Gauri?!", Aayanshi turned towards the divine sound of her dearest one among them all.

" Darlinggg , save me I'm afraid that it's my last day here today, your son is trying to kill me just because I ate one of his modak ", Aayanshi said.

"That sounds like something Vinayak would do" Mata Parvati joined in smiling widely at her grown up children's childish behavior.

"EXACTLY, that modak wasn't mine. It was Vinayak's he'll kill me now because of this woman right here" Kartikeya whined pointing at Aayanshi who was now holding his father as her shield.

"BHRATAAAA" sound of angry Vinayak was heard that caused Kartikeya to join Aayanshi who was still behind Mahadev for her safety that earned a laugh from his mother.

"This is all because of you" Kartikeya whisper yelled at Aayanshi who was happily eating the sweet dish made by Annapurna herself.

"How is it my fault that I was hungry, plus I only took one of the 10 modaks in the plate" she whispered back.

"Hawww Aayu, I never thought you would do that to me", she slowly turned towards the very sad voice of her dear Vinayak.

"Vin-", she was cut off by Vinayak running away from her upset due to her act.

"Thank god I am still ali- OWWW" Kartikeya held his head and turned around only to see his brother angrily looking at him and storming off from there.

"Why are you so silent Dev?", Parvati asked looking at her husband deep in thought.

"And you look sad Mahadev" Aayanshi asked innocently.

"As if you don't know why Aayu", she heard other divine voice which always was calm but now was laced with sadness.

"Pitashree", she ran and hugged him.

" Pranipat, mamashree" Kartikeya joined his hand and bowed down for the divine personality in front of him.

"Pranam jehyst, where is my sakhi, my bhabishree?" Parvati asked her brother.

"She's preparing dinner my dear", her brother replied.

"Oh then I'll be going, I need to help her plus I need to make Vinayak something to convince him now, he is upset with me" Aayanshi said ready to leave.