chapter 1

It was the week before the family meeting and Smanga had asked to meet up with me before we went to that meeting . I didn't even know what think about this meeting that he wanted with me but I knew I would be fine because Smanga was one the most gentle guys you could ever find in that family.

"uFika late maZwide " he stood up and hugged and placed kiss on my forehead.

"Ngiyaxolisa I got caught up with work" he pulled my chair for to sit and moved around to his side of the table .

"You work? " The shock on his face could not be hidden.

"Yes Smanga I work " he nodded his head to what I was saying then looked me in the eyes which made me turn my head away from him cause eye contact is one thing I was never really good at .

"Hmm. Well my brother called to tell Mee that he permits the relationship himself. " He looked at my face , hoping to find a reaction .

"Oh? Well I can't say I'm shocked ." My shoulders unintentionally shrugged.

" Since my brother has agreed . The won't be any need for a family meeting since the person's whose permission we needed as been given . On Monday we will be going back home so uBaba can announce to the ancestors of the separation between you and Bafo , and announce our relationship and wedding. " He kept on looking like at me .

I knew he was expecting that I would cry or maybe yell from what he was telling me but I couldn't. How can I mourn the loss of a love I never had to begin with. Sandile always made it clear to me that I was never the woman he wanted . He made sure that I knew that nothing could ever make him want me and I accepted that . I learned to live with that . The first few years were painful because I was still young with expectations of how a love should be  but now I'm grown and I know that crying over spilt milk is a waste of time .

"So when is our wedding? " Hew laughed a little at my fake enthusiasm.

"In two weeks ." He took my hand and released a sigh . " I know this might be  overwhelming but with time you Will familiarize the situation" I only nodded my head. 

"What happens when you get tired of me ?" He seemed taken aback by my question but he then chuckled at this

" I can't say I'm not surprised you asked me that question considering my history with women . But I need you understand that I'm grown now . I have no time to keep playing around with all these women . I need to settle down with woman and build a family with her and right now that woman is you . So please trust me when I say I will do right by you"

'I will do right by you' those words kept on playing on my mind . These were the same words that he said the last time he saw me and now he was saying those same words again . Theses words gave me hope that he will actually love me right . The way that my father wanted .

"I hope you are telling me the truth because a man is blessed according to how he treats his wife . " He laughed at this while he rubbed my hand .

" Then I want all the blessings I can get. You ready to order?"

"Yes . " I smiled

"We'll go together so they see that we are together in this" he wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed at that .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My father in law had done all the necessary rituals that needed to be done for everything that had been going on . Most of the family members were a bit disappointed about how Sandile and I's relationship didn't work but they accepted . The family was still the same no one changed those who loved me still loved and those who hate me still hate me.

"Let's take a walk and talk. " Smanga and I had started sharing the same hut after the rituals were done .  We both exited the homesteads and took our walk. " I sat down and thought about things . " I nodded my head for him to continue. " I was wondering if would it be okay for you to sell the house my brother bought for you? I don't want to build our relationship on another man's foundation." He stopped walking waiting for me to answer his question .

"I don't mind . But that means we should go house hunting then " the sadness that my face held must been visible because Smanga pulled me in for a hug .

" I know . But why does that make you sad? Don't you want to begin everything on a clean slate ?" He pulled back slightly from the hug to see my face .

" I do! I guess I want a house that I know was build from Ideas . Can't we just start building from the very beginning?" My voice was filled with hope . Smanga took a deep breath before answering me

"If that's what you want the yes . We can stay at my place in the meantime so we can teach each other how to adapt living with one another . Is that okay with you ? "

"Yes." I smiled

The walk back home was fun . I learned that Smanga was more connected with his friends then his siblings. He told me how he would introduce them to me soon . I was a bit skeptical about how they might view a person .

"Ngi serious yaz " I laughed once again . " They don't think I'm capable of being married . " He shook his head at that . " Bathe nje three months sishadile iningi "

"Oh?" I laughed once more . " Kodwa to be fair you made that reputation for yourself so manje uzophila nayo " we shared a laugh at that . We had been so engrossed with each other that we didn't even realize that we had finally made it home .

"Oho kumnandi neh? " I felt Smanga put his hand on my waist and pull me close to his body. A few chuckles were released at this question . That was being asked by Zweli the youngest brother

" yah Bafo I'm getting my fiance ready for impilo nam" he kissed my forehead which made shy further into him cause I've never had someone show me affection like that in public.

"Haibo Bafo why ngathi wena no Nobuhle k'dala nithandana nje ? " I pinched Smanga's back so he could give me attention cause I was really uncomfortable with the situation.

"Ngicela ukhamba ? Mele ngisize the other wives " he looked in my eyes then pecked my lips before nodding his head to show that he was letting me go .

I walked as fast as my legs could get . My heart skipped a beat when he kissed me . Smanga showed me affection in front of the same family that had continuously seen me being rejected . My heart was happy but I was a bit afraid of easy I would look about accepting this whole situation .

Not edited.

First chapter I hope you enjoy it