where it all began

You met Ateez before they even debuted when they were in LA for a month. You never imagined how close you would get to the boys, and a year later you would move to the other side of the world, and begin a whole new life. But you would never ask for anything more and better. 

It wasn't as hard to move out of LA, on the one hand, it wasn't really your home anyway, you only lived there for a couple of months, on the other hand in this little time you experienced that it may be the most toxic place ever to exist.

Living in Seoul has been a journey not gonna lie, but you are glad your friends are there for you. Especially your two best friends San and Wooyoung. Most of the time you feel like you are third wheeling if you are with them, because of how affectionate they are with each other, but you three have the same kind of energy so you immediately clicked.

It's been two years since then, and right now you are squeezed between the mentioned two smart eggs in a minibus. You are on your way to a vacation with all eight of the boys, but these two decided to fight the night before, so they are currently not talking to each other. You are the only one holding them back from a war.

You have no idea what possibly can cause such a fight between them, of course, non of them told you yet, but curiosity kills you. The tension is crazy in the car, you can't wait to get there already.

After what seemed like ages you finally got to your accommodation for the weekend. The sudden heat hit you when you got out of the car. It felt so good to finally stretch out a little.

"Hey San, could you help with the luggage?" Hongjoong asked, but San stormed into the house as if his life depended on it. It wasn't out of rudeness, he simply didn't hear it.

"I'll help you." You told him. At least you'll keep yourself busy until then, and you don't have to deal with this cold war between two of your best friends.

"There's no way! Seriously he can't even do that much, even for you. Don't worry Y/n, I'll do it. Just go inside." Wooyoung came up from behind you to help Hongjoong take out the bags from the trunk.

You just muttered a little "okay" under your breath, you thought his behavior was a bit strange, of course, all the boys have always been very respectful to you, but you thought maybe it was because of the fight, he wanted to show that he is better than him.

You entered the cool room, where the others already made themselves comfortable, some settled on the couch in the living room area, and some were trying to explore the kitchen. You decided to join the couch crew, it's just better if you stay away from the kitchen as far as possible.

"Y/n, come sit next to me. We're deciding on the rooms." San seems excited compared to his previous behavior. You know very well that San is not the way he is because of you, but you still feel a little awkward, probably because of the tension between the boys. 

"Shouldn't we wait for the others to decide on this?" You ask the four boys, while you hop down to the couch between Jongho and San. "No, I've already decided. You're gonna sleep with me." At that time the door opened too, revealing Hongjoong and Wooyoung packed full of bags, they looked like they could barely hold them anymore. 

Wooyoung stopped in his track and froze in his place, dropping the bags from his hands to the ground. "Are you kidding me? There's no freaking way!!" Wooyoung seemed so annoyed. You were kinda confused why, you have slept in the same bed as San before, it wasn't something strange since you were best friends.

"Why does it bother you that much, huh? Someone will need to sleep with her since we don't have enough room." Says San while standing up and walking in front of Wooyoung. Now they are standing face to face. If you didn't know them well enough, you would think they are about to fight. Wooyoung mutters under his breath. "You are so annoying."