chapter 30: angel

Start from the beginning

The distance did something to her and it only made her realize that she quite literally couldn't live without Y/N.

"I love you too."

But Amber's words took a darker turn, her voice desperate.

She pushed her face out of Y/N's arms, her appearance was entirely disheveled, her clothes drenched in water, and her eyes bloodshot.

"No, you don't understand. If you died, I would fucking kill myself. I would kill myself!" Amber yelled in her face, some pieces of saliva coming out.

Latching on to Y/N's upper arms, she professed her undying love to Y/N. A reminder to their strong bond.

Y/N's heart clenched at the intensity of Amber's emotions.

"Amber, my love, please."

The water in the bathtub had grown cold, and Y/N realized that Amber was in no condition to continue this conversation now.

After the distressing discovery of Amber passed out in the bathtub, Y/N had managed to help her girlfriend out of those gross clothes.

Amber hadn't showered in three days and the tub full of water was the first time water had actually touched her body.

Y/N was focused on taking care of Amber, who was still visibly shaken.

She looked at Amber tenderly. She switched the knob over from cold to warm.

As Y/N filled the bathtub, she carefully selected soothing bath salts and scents that she knew Amber loved.

The warm water filled the room with a comforting aroma.

Amber didn't want to get out of the tub while Y/N tested the temperature to ensure it was just right.

She also couldn't physically move a muscle. She felt too weak.

Amber sighed in relief as the warm water hit her skin, her tense muscles slowly relaxing.

Y/N knelt beside the bathtub, her fingers gently combing through Amber's hair as she began to wash it.

The touch was soothing, and Amber closed her eyes, savoring the sensation.

Y/N sat on the edge of the bathtub, watching as Amber sat in the lukewarm water.

Amber's hair was slick with sweat, and her skin was covered in bruises and scratches.

Y/N grabbed a washcloth and gently wiped away the dirt and grime that clung to Amber's skin.

"Are you mad at me?" Amber asked, her voice small and filled with remorse.

Y/N shook her head as she gently stroked Amber's hair.

"No, baby. I was just really scared when I saw you."

Amber looked up at Y/N with tear-filled eyes.

"I'm sorry."

Y/N kissed Amber's forehead lovingly.

"Please never do that again."

Amber's grip on Y/N tightened, and she buried her face in Y/N's chest.

"Just... only if you don't leave me ever again. It was fucking horrible not having you by my side and thinking about that guy touching you–"

Y/N cut her off gently. She wrung out the washcloth and dipped it back into the water before getting Amber's backside.

"It's alright, baby. I'm here now."

As Y/N continued to bathe her, Amber felt a sense of safety and comfort wash over her.