chapter 14: coffee

Start from the beginning

"Right. I'm sorry, Miss President," she said softly and nodded before practically dashing out of the room in embarrassment.

Y/N's gaze was kept on Camila as she left the club room, luckily closing the door behind her, before turning back to her phone.

She shook her head, trying to shake the feeling that things might get complicated.

Amber turned out to be right about Camila having more than professional intentions.

Although, Y/N wouldn't admit it because she was really stubborn and she knew that if she told Amber, she would kill Camila. And Camila was really good at her job.

Ignoring that minor issue she would resolve later, she tried to focus on the task at hand. Rummaging through her bag for a bit, she spotted the white voice changer box and old nokia phone.

She went over to lock the door before dialing a number and clicking the talk button on the voice box.

Sam was in the break room of the hospital, simply making a cup of coffee and then taking her pill afterwards. She swished her coffee around for moment, mindlessly staring at it.

Taking her pill bottle from her back pocket, she threw two of them in her hand before taking a big swig from the hot mug.

The quiet was calming for her. She was able to catch her breath again and arrange her thoughts. She had come to the hospital to visit Gale who was still in a coma.

She had to return home soon to tend to Richie who had been released not too long ago. Sam was now super protective of him and Tara.

Her stomach growled once the warm liquid fell into her stomach, realizing that she hadn't eaten all day. Making her way over to the vending machine, she pressed a button for a granola bar.

After she bent down to retrieve it, once she stood up, she was faced with the horrid illusion of her dead father.

"Those pills aren't working much, aye Sam?" Billy smirked deviously.

His appearance was the same when he died, his face marked with blood, and he wore a matted white t-shirt that was filled with the red pigment and multiple stab wounds.

She stared at the image of her dead father in the vending machine's reflection, replying with an unenthusiastic, "Not now."

Sam knew he was just another one of her visions that she had been having since Modesto, that's why she had been taking her meds. But Billy was right or whatever murderous part of her conscience had created had said.

She didn't believe they were helping either. Eventually, he would go away after they argued for a good amount.

Unrelenting, Billy pushed on.
"It's only a matter of time before you snap, and all hell will break lose."

Their back and forth bickering was disrupted by Sam's phone ringing. Briefly, she looked towards the table where her phone rang and back to the reflection.

The illusion was gone again. Sam walked back to the table and looked at the number thinking it was someone she knew.

But the caller ID read 'Unknown'. That could only mean one thing to Sam. She braced herself to answer the phone.

"Hello, Samantha," Ghostface greeted, as if Sam's day couldn't get any worse.

"Why are you doing this?" Sam asked, knowing she wasn't going to get a straight answer, annoyance bubbling.

It had been a month of no activity from Ghostface. Sam had hoped that they had given up or gotten bored but that wasn't Ghostface's style. They liked to plan and wait for the perfect time to strike or at least each new pair was getting smarter.