Copper PT 1

Etho wiped his brow as he finally emerged from the cave, his sweat coating his hands like slime. He never liked mining, it was always dark and dangerous. I mean, sure, ZomBob was the ONE exception, minus his extended family (Etho still has nightmares about that,) but Etho just disliked hostile mobs in general.

"Ugh, that was SO not worth it," Etho complained to himself as he stretched, "I didn't find any diamonds. Heck, I didn't even find gold or iron, just stupid copper." Ever since copper became a thing, there's been a whole lot of it, and not in a good way. Caves were now almost 50% copper, and given their limited usage, they're practically useless.

Sighing to himself, Etho pulled out his stack of copper, the 1st of 4 stacks, and frowned at the material. His grip tightened on it as he, in frustration, threw the metal into the woods. "Dang it, I hate this update!" Etho shouted as he threw another piece away. He threw a 3rd and was about to throw a 4th before he heard something.

*CLANK*

"OW!"

Etho blinked, stunned by the sound of someone obviously getting hit with the copper he'd just thrown. Etho shoved the copper away and speed-walked over to the edge of the trees, trying to look into it. Sure, he had just hit someone, but the sound made it seem like they had a helmet on. And helmets usually mean gear, and gear could mean potential threats. Etho finally heard footsteps approaching and instinctively drew his newly made iron sword, his previous one had broken down in the mines and he crafted one on the fly.

The person finally walked through the trees and stood in front of Etho, getting him to be slightly confused. It was a kid, probably no older than 14 or so, with orange hair, eyes, a dress with no sleeves, shorts, and shoes... This person really likes orange huh? The thing that caught Etho's eye was the hat they were wearing. It was clearly made from some kind of metal, and given its color he had to assume it was copper. Its design struck him as familiar before he realized that it was the head of a copper golem, a mob that was going to be made public before seemingly getting canceled during production.

"Owie," The girl grumbled as she rubbed her head slightly, "why did man hit Oxy with copper?"

"Huh?" Etho was caught off guard by the strange 3rd person speech the girl, Oxy, spoke in.

"Did Oxy do something to upset man?" Oxy asked, making Etho feel a bit guilty. (Dang it, your grandpa always did say your anger will get the best of you,) Etho berated himself.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong, I was just upset about my mining trip," Etho cleared up quickly, bringing out his stack of copper, "all I found down there was copper, which is completely usele-" Etho looked back to Oxy and saw her staring at the copper in his hands with wide eyes, "Um, you good?"

"Y-Yes, Oxy is fine. Um, if man does not want the copper, then can Oxy have it?" Oxy asked, confusing Etho slightly.

"... You know what, sure. It's not like I'm going to use this anyways," Etho decided not to question it; Better to just give it to someone who wants it rather than keep it cluttered up in a chest. The girl eagerly went over to Etho and snagged the stack of copper from him, giggling to herself like a child.

"Oxy thanks man for the copper," Oxy thanked him, making him chuckle slightly.

"Eh, no problem. It's Etho by the way," Etho replied, turning away from the strange girl as he started his way back home. Etho was still slightly disappointed that he didn't get anything too valuable from the mines, but there's always next time.

But he would soon find out that he did, in fact, get something valuable from his venture. As Etho walked away, humming a tune to himself, he failed to notice Oxy slowly trailing behind him.