Stormy Night

The rain banged against the window of the bedroom, keeping its occupant away from the sweet release of sleep. Etho Bot, half cyborg, had always hated storms, even more so after he moved out of his parents' home. Not only was it annoying and loud, but, since he was a cyborg, too much water could prove to be deadly to him. Some people compared him to an enderman but without teleportation, to which he'd just ignore them.

*Thunder*

Etho grumbled as he rolled over, attempting to get comfortable. By now he had already thrown 2 of his 3 pillows off the bed and his blanket laid half draped upon him. His brain simply refused to give him the sweet relief of sleep, and as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was also kept up with the worry of-

*Creak*

The soft noise of a door opening caught Etho's attention, as it wasn't common that your door would just open like that. Craning his neck, Etho could make out a small figure in the doorway, which started to approach his bed. (Speak of the little devil,) Etho's mind came up as he realized that it was Daisy. The moobloom hybrid was wearing a simple set of yellow and blue pajamas, although her nightcap was missing. The little girl didn't say a word as she climbed onto the bed and sat in front of Etho, clearly expecting him to start the conversation. So, with a voice that could only be described as a man running on 2 hours of sleep for a week, Etho asked, "Wassup Dasy?" Etho's words were slurred by his tired body, but Daisy seemed to understand him.

"Um, okay, so, *sigh* I-Is it alright if I sleep with you for tonight?" Daisy asked sheepishly, clearly nervous about having to ask that in the first place. Etho noticed her hand gripping onto his bed sheets as a crack of thunder rang across the night sky suddenly, letting Etho connect the dots.

"Are you scared of the storm?" Etho asked, this time managing to will his body to sit up. Daisy looked flustered, shaking her head profusely.

"N-No! I just, um, f-felt like sleeping with you on this very specific night," Daisy's voice was laced with confidence, as if she knew for sure that Etho would believe her lie. Spoiler alert; He saw straight through it.

"Uhuh, sure thing lil sis," Etho decided just to play along, wanting nothing more than to try to go back to sleep. Daisy shifted into her moobloom form, that being a small yellow cow with a flower on top of her head, and trotted next to Etho's arm, curling around before softly resting her head against his forearm. Etho couldn't help but smile at this display, letting his hand move ever so slightly to get small reactions out of Daisy. The girl would jerk, moo, and even gnaw at his sleeve every time he moved so much as a muscle. Eventually the hybrid had enough and laid directly on top of his hand, preventing him from moving. I mean, he COULD move it away if he wanted, but that would be quite rude don't you think? So instead, Etho allowed himself to lean back down onto his bed and focused on what was right in front of him. Daisy was growing up, being 10 years old and all that, so it was natural that she would start to do stuff on her own now. She often made her own breakfast, even if it consisted mostly of cookies, got herself dressed, went to the store all by herself, and she even had a little garden of flowers in their greenhouse. But these moments, the times where Daisy would come to him for comfort even if she wouldn't admit it, he would treasure forever.

The roaring of the storm outside slowly faded out as Etho's eyes grew heavy, eventually falling and letting him sleep.

And if that morning Daisy denied ever getting into Etho's bed, even though there was clear evidence, then that was Etho's story to share.