10 ~ His sweet embrace

Start from the beginning

"look, I appreciate what you have done here, but this isn't a fortress. its a tomb"

"Yes. And if there smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund chimed in gesturing convincingly with his hands, and I was impressed at his intelligent way of thinking. Maybe peter was right after all.

"We could collect nuts!" A squirrel excitedly said. Me and Edmund simultaneously snorted at his idiotic remark.

obviously Reepicheep did not find t quite as funny as he sarcastically shouted back with a fake smile "yes! And throw them at the Telmarines." his face dropped "Shut up!" He took a deep breath "I think you know where i stand sire." A silence befell the chamber.

Peter walked toward a centaur "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

The horse man hesitated as he glanced at Caspian but then spoke bravely "Or die trying My liege" Bowing his head.

"that's what I'm worried about" Lucy half muttered, she had been sat listening observantly this whole time on a large broken stone table on the centre of the chamber.

"Sorry?" Peter scrunched his face at his sister.

"well, you're all acting like there is only two options. Dying here or dying there." She replied.

"I'm not sure you've really been listening Lu." Peter said and just as he began to turn back around lucy spoke.

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the white witch Peter?" She said gravely. I racked my brain but I couldn't remember anyone mentioning who this white which was. I would have to ask Edmund.

Peter scoffed "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough. We leave at dark,  Make the necessary preparations." And then he walked away from the group.

The Narnians began to disperse from the meeting as did Caspian Susan and lucy. I stood up and Edmund mirrored me.

"what do we do now?" I asked him softly.

Edmund chortled "there's no way you're coming Amy, its way too dangerous!" 

"Edmund! Of course I'm coming, We need as much help as we can get, plus if I am her" I gestured to the wall "I might be able to help more than you think."

Edmund sighed and I could tell he found reason in my words "Alright."

I smiled with glee and as much as he tried to stop himself he was smiling back. 

"follow me" Edmund spoke as if an idea had just popped into his head.

I followed him up and out of the chamber and eventually into the woodland surrounding the mound.

"why did you bring us here?" I wondered.

"Well we need to find out if you're 'the one' " he mocked with a stupid smile.

"well what do I do?" I replied unable to wipe a grin off my face.

"I don't know hug a tree or something?" he joked.

I knew he was joking but it was actually a decent idea, Edmund had told me that the trees used to dance so as I approached the nearest tree I visualised it swaying back and forth majestically.

Edmund laughed behind me "Amy I was joking, you don't actually have to-"

I wrapped my arms around the large trunk of the tree and whispered inaudibly "wake up."

To my utmost surprise I felt a strange sensation in my arms as I clung to the tree, my arms felt Extremely light and warm my fingers began to tingle and a pleasant expression befell me. I felt the trunk Buzz underneath my clutches and the Feeling worried me enough that I broke from my embrace.

I stood leve with Edmund as we watched as the tree began to dance. It was me. I'm her.

"told you so." Edmund nudged my side with a smile as he watched the tree move about.

"you were right" I admitted, which earnt a smug glance from Edmund. "hey um I was wondering, lucy mentioned a 'white witch' ? who is she?"

Edmunds face dropped instantly.

"oh, I'm sorry Edmund I didn't mean to upset you" As I spoke I reached out and touched his arm sympathetically.

"No, that's alright Amy, you were bound to find out sooner or later anyway." He paused then began his tale "The first time me and my siblings came to Narnia it was also because of a prophecy. The white witch was a vain and evil enchantress who had wrongfully claimed the throne and was ruling Narnia Violently. You see, me and my siblings were destined to defeat her but as we had only just arrived, we had no idea." Edmund grew more nervous as he told me what happened next "she uh, she manipulated me into betraying my siblings, promising me all I had ever wanted. so of course, stupid 14 year old Edmund believed her and put his siblings lives at risk." Edmund looked at the ground as he said this, suddenly he broke from his trance and continued "Eventually I came to my senses and returned to my siblings, luckily they saw the good in me, after that we Faught the white witch and in the end Aslan killed her."

"oh Edmund," I sighed, I could tell he blamed and hated himself for what he had done. "it wasn't your fault."

He looked at me with a subtly shocked yet grateful expression "I just cant help but blame myself, what I did was so selfish and I-"

I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his shoulders and putting my head to his chest. A few seconds later His arms snaked around my waist and we stood there in that perfect, blissful moment. 

But of course it was interrupted, A horn Blew from the Mound. We broke from our sweet embrace and chuckled awkwardly.

"we should-" Edmund began to speak gesturing in the direction of the noise

"head back" I finished and we made our way over.

A/N: sorry to make you all wait a while for this chapter. ive been busy revising ! I hope you enjoyed please comment and vote it would mean the world to me! Almost at 300 reads WOOO! Love you all see you next chapter <3