Cap 21

The day Emma's mother brought her to live with her grandfather, Katsumi was very excited that she would have a younger sister.

- "Shichiro, Manjiro, Katsumi, Emma from now on you are brothers." said their grandpa.

- "She's a foreigner, isn't she?" Mikey asked. "Emma is a foreign name."

- "You would do better to be friendly with each other all 4 of you!" their grandfather shouted at them and slapped Mikey.

- "Haha, you don't know anything about girls", Shinichiro told him. "Hey Emma, I'm Shinichiro, your older brother, I know I'm good looking, but don't fall in love with me."

- "Your haircut is strange", said Emma.

- "You are two idiots!" Katsumi told them.

- "It seems you don't know anything about girls either", Mikey said laughing.

- "It's not my fault that Katsumi is so boyish", said Shinichiro teasing her.

- "It's not my fault that I live in a house with two idiots and a cranky old man", said Katsumi. "Come, Emma, I'll show you to your room", Katsumi said and took her hand.

She walked with her to the exit of the dojo. Emma was very happy that Katsumi was nice to her.

- "Hey, you idiots, don't forget, if you upset my Emma-chan, I'll beat you both!" Katsumi told them.

- "As if you have a chance against me", said Mikey sticking out his tongue.

- "Shinichiro doesn't even set foot in the dojo, and with you, Manjiro, I've won against every time. Don't worry Emma-chan, I can protect you."

Emma smiled and hugged her bigger sister.

- "It seems that Katsumi-chan knows the most about girls. Who would have thought", Mikey said.

- "She is a girl after all, even if she acts like a boy..." said Shinichiro.The next days, Katsumi took Emma to the dojo while his grandfather's students were training.

- "You don't train with them?" Emma asked.

- "No, I'm waiting for them to finish so I can train too", said Katsumi. "If you want, we can train together, Emma-chan."

- "You can take a break!" their grandfather shouted.

Shinichiro came to the entrance of the dojo next to Emma and Katsumi.

- "You're doing well, Keisuke!" he said while leaning on the door frame.A few boys who came out of the dojo looked curiously at Emma who hid behind Katsumi.

- "Oi, stop staring at my younger sister or you will have to deal with me!" Katsumi shouted at them.

- "Keisuke, you are a good boy, don't end up like Shinichiro", said their grandfather.Mikey also came to the dojo to show off his skills.

- "You're here just to get your ego bigger, Manjiro", said Katsumi, rolling her eyes.

- "Amazing!", said Emma fascinated by Mikey's skills.

- "I can do better", said Katsumi.

- "Sensei, why is he still training if he is so good?" Keisuke asked.

- "He is a genius", said the grandfather.

- "It's unfair and what does this mean?"

- "He is my nephew after all", said the proud old man.

- "Manjiro is amazing", said Emma.

- "Oh, you haven't seen anything yet", said Katsumi and entered the dojo.

- "What is Katsumi, do you want to see if you can beat me?" Mikey asked arrogantly.

- "Hold the target pad!" Katsumi said walking towards the one helping them train.

She jumped in the air with a pirouette and kicked hard.

- "Amazing!" Emma shouted looking at her big sister with her eyes wide opened.

Katsumi smiled triumphantly.

- "And she is my niece", said the proud grandfather.

- "Hey, Sano, train with me!" Keisuke said.

- "No way, I don't want to get all sweaty", said Mikey.

- "Then why are you coming here?"

- "To show off..." said Katsumi rolling her eyes.

- "You do the same, Katsumi", said Mikey.

- "Who is she?" Keisuke asked pointing at Emma.

- "Emma, my younger sister", said Mikey.

- "If you get close to her, I will make you one with the earth!" Katsumi said coming in front of him.Keisuke took a step back. Emma hid behind the door.

- "It's okay, Emma-chan, come to me, we can both train", said Katsumi smiling at her.

- "So Katsumi is your twin sister, and Emma is also your sister, but she has another mother. How cool!" Keisuke said. "She has a foreign name."

- "Cool, isn't it?" Mikey said.

- "Then, my name is Edward, you can call me 'Ed' ", said Keisuke.

- "And I'm Mikey, short for Michael. And you can be Kat, from Katerin."

- "You are two idiots", said Katsumi putting her hand to her forehead.

- "I now understand why my mother left me. She hates me. She said she would come back for me, but she never came. She left me here", Emma said crying.

Katsumi looked at her in wonder and took her in her arms while Emma cried with her head on her shoulder.

- "Emma-chan, it doesn't matter if your mother loves you or not, I don't know if my mother loved me either. The most important thing is that I love you", Katsumi told her. "I love you Emma-chan and I will never leave you. I will always be by your side and I will protect you."

Mikey and Keisuke stared at them in amazement.

A few days later, Emma and Katsumi were training in the dojo.

- "Do you want me to show you how it's done?" Mikey asked them. "You can call me 'Mikey', now I have a foreign name too. From now on I'm 'Mikey', your big brother, and she'll be 'Kat', your big sister. Now we all have foreign names, you won't feel alone anymore, right?"

- "You really don't understand girls", said Emma. "I don't care about the names."

"That was really a nice gesture from Mikey" thought Katsumi.

- "I made you laugh, you fell in love with me, didn't you?" Mikey asked.

- "Idiot..." said Emma. "None of you are my type."

Katsumi looked at her proudly.

"Wait, does Emma-chan have a type of boys she likes? What type do I like?" Katsumi wondered.