Chapter ten

"He's dead. Cole killed Ezekiel." Rey said to no one. "Argh!" He threw the tin cup he had in his hand. Rey's servant, M was a hunchback that is the brother of Ezekiel. Rey looked at him with his dark eyes. "I feel sympathy for you. Really." Rey said, lips poking out. "We'll find him and kill him." M said. "Yeah yeah."
"It's ok Kara." Casey said trying to comfort her. The police were still outside looking for us. I ran my hand through my dark black hair. Nick's eyes were bloodshot and Casey's hair was looking really rough like Kara's. "They killed my brother!" She yelled, throwing her head back into a pillow. Kara wasn't taking her brothers death good at all. "Kara step outside with me for a minute." I said, pulling her out. I closed the door behind us. She held my hand the whole time. "I told your brother I would look out for you and I'm going to stay true to my word. So your gonna stop your crying and walk back in there tougher than ever." I kissed her on the cheek and hugged her. "I lost someone too. But crying isn't gonna resurrect them." Kara had finally stopped her crying and was opening the door. Right before she walked in, she looked at me, smiling. "Your right Cole." I nodded, coming into the room right behind her. "Hey guys if it's ok with you two, I'm going to stay with Kara for a while." I said. Nick and Casey just looked at me, motionless. "Guys?" Still no movement. "They're under my control." Said a voice of power and was very old. "Rey. It's you." I said grinding my teeth together. "It is I. In the flesh." He was wearing a leather long sleeve shirt like it was winter, sweat pants and a pair of red and black shoes.
"What do you want? Me?" I asked, balling my hand. "I want you dead. You cannot bring the war between Hunters and Masters to a end." Rey said, walking towards Kara. "You leave her alone!" I screamed. Rey's black and soulless eyes darted to me. He turned his torso halfway. "You know, when I killed your father, he was like you. A man without a past, always trying to do the right thing. But a-l-w-a-y-s falling short of it. Now listen to me carefully young one. I'm going to let you and your pathetic friends live but only for a while. No Hunters. No me. Just you and the hotel. Oh yeah if you need me you'll find me here." Rey handed me his card: 11356 Green avenue. He then walked out of the room, leaving me. Everything then started to come back in motion. "Yeah we are down with that." Casey said, starting off from the earlier conversation. I stared at the ground, shaking. "You ok?" Nick asked, walking over to me. "Rey- Rey was here." They all looked at me shocked. "He said he's going to give us a few days to live. He's going to try to kill us and our whole race. But that- that's impossible right?" I asked Casey. She shook her head. "If he gathers that right Hunters we could all be wiped out. Since we don't have much time, we need to start training." Nick and I looked at her, confused.
"Training? With who?"
"The now leader of the Masters, Ares."
"Like the god of war Ares?"
"Yes. He is the Master of liquid gold." Kara budded in. "Yeah. He actually here in this hotel. In room 101. Ares has trained every Master that he has came in contact with even your father Cole. Even Rey." Her voice started to become faint. "If you meet him and you two train, who knows what could come out of this!" Nick said excited. "So what are we waiting for? Let's do this!" I said, grabbing my stuff. "Hold on, hothead. How about we wait until tomorrow morning, so you can get your mind off of things." Kara suggested. "Dude she's hot." Nick whispered to me. I hit him in his left arm.
"Shut up. I thought you liked Casey."
"I do but why can't I have both?"
"Because one has the hots for me and the other is just out of your league. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go settle in." Kara and I walked out the room to our room. She put the key in the lock and when the door opened, I couldn't believe it. Kara had a bunch of Master books, clothes scattered on the floor and, one king sized bed. "You can sleep with me if you want." Kara said, nudging me to the bed. Even though it was early afternoon, we decided to take a little more time to get to know each other.
"Where you from?"
"Florida. You?"
"Iowa. Age?"
"16"
"Same."
"Are you immortal?"
"No."
"Everyone is. You didn't know that?"
"No I didn't. How long have you been here?"
"16 years. I'm not as 370 like Ares."
"God he's old."
"So was your dad. He was about 999."
"Cool." We spent the rest of the day talking until we fell asleep. I woke up and she was undressed and laying on me.