Chapter 3: A Sudden Change

Start from the beginning

The day continued until it's finally time to go home. It's only been a day, but Azz and Clara felt like it was eternity. Kalego entered their classroom for extra announcements, but Azz and Clara had already ran outside.

Azz: "We're back, Iruma-sama!"
Clara: "Iruma-chi! Let's play!"
Azz: "We're not here to play, you idiot! We're here to help Iruma-sama!"
Clara: *Pause* "Oh, I forgot that!" 
Opera: "You two arrived early, welcome."
Azz: "W-wait, I forgot to bring any presents!"
Opera: "It's fine, please come inside."

They walked towards Iruma's room, and they went inside. Azz and Clara ran to Iruma's side after being unable to see him for the entire day, and Opera told them to stay quiet.

Opera: "Iruma-sama haven't eaten anything since this morning. He's still unconscious, so I'm using magic to make sure that he won't starve, I'm also making sure that he would receive enough nutrients in his body."
Azz|Clara: "Iruma-sama/chi..."

Azz and Clara got quiet as sadness started to fill the room. They looked at Iruma before holding his hands. Azz and Clara stayed for a few hours to watch after Iruma, but it's getting late so they were sent home by Opera. He reassured the two young demons that he'll take care of Iruma.

A|N: Sullivan is currently stuck on a meeting, so he can't go home for the night.

Ameri's POV: Opera-san messaged me about Iruma's condition. I'm urging to visit him, but my schedule is busy with work! I have to keep my composure. Calm down, Ameri! Iruma is going to be fine! W-well, I'll try to ask father if I could go somewhere, but I doubt that he'll let me leave that easily... *Sigh*

October 4 <Timeline Rewind>

Sullivan: *Crying* "Iruma-kun! Your grandpa is starting to feel really lonely! I was planning to hold a big party for your birthday, but you haven't opened your eyes once, Iruma-kun!"
Opera: "Sullivan-sama, I think it would be best for Iruma-sama if you were a bit quiet."
Sullivan: *Crying* "Ahhh!! Iruma-kun! Come back to grandpa!"
Opera: "Let's go, Sullivan-sama. I already told you before, but I'll repeat it again. Iruma-sama is not dead yet, so please calm down."
Sullivan: "Yet? I-is my precious grandson going to d-die soon?! Nooo!! Iruma-kun!"
Opera: "He won't die. Now, let's go, Sullivan-sama. You have a lot of work to do."
Sullivan: "Nooo!! Let me go!"

Opera dragged Sullivan outside of the room because he was too noisy. Azz and Clara went to check on Iruma's condition, but nothing has changed so they gloomfully went to school. They were both emitting dark auras, as if they're going through their evil cycle. Every students stepped aside in fear while wondering about what could have upset the two demons. They noticed that Iruma wasn't with them since the previous day, which led some rumors to circulate. Even the other misfits were afraid to confront Azz and Clara.

Kalego entered the room and he noticed the dark aura within the two demons, but he simply glared at them before starting the lesson. The entire day passed with complete darkness around Azz and Clara, because getting separated from Iruma is one of their greatest weakness.

On the meantime, Ameri asked some questions to Opera, and she learned that nothing has changed. She was starting to lose focus during her work, and she began to have worries. Ameri regained  her composure, and she kept telling herself that Iruma will be fine. She was also down-hearted for being unable to visit Iruma on his birthday. Iruma Suzuki is now 16 years old.

October 5 <Timeline Rewind>

Sullivan became really depressed and worried for his grandson. Opera was also concerned even though he doesn't show it in his face. Azz and Clara were gloomy as usual, but they weren't able to sleep knowing that Iruma was sick. They were both so worried to the point that they resemble a zombie more than a demon. The misfit class started worrying for them too. Eiko noticed the bizarre change of atmosphere, and she started getting worried about Iruma.

The rumors were about the possibilities of Iruma getting mad at Azz and Clara, but considering how close they are with each other, it seemed impossible to happen. Other students said that something bad happened because Iruma didn't attend school again. The rumors flamed up further, until some students began to believe that Iruma is already dead. Ameri couldn't sleep either, and she was very worried. She tried to sneak out, but her coworkers caught her.

Azz and Clara went to visit Iruma once again, and Opera informed them that Iruma's fever was gone. However,  there's still no signs of movement, and it seems like he's still unconscious. Azz and Clara were still on a very foul mood, but it has gotten a bit lighter after knowing that Iruma doesn't have a fever anymore. Ameri was also informed about it, and she closed her eyes before letting out a sigh. She then looked ahead and slapped both of her cheeks to regain composure.

A|N: I'll skip the timeline to October 10 during the morning.

October 10 <Timeline Rewind>

Sullivan refused to work for the past 3 days and had been crying in his room the entire time. Opera drags him out to eat, and he tried countless of times to bring Sullivan back to work, but it was hopeless. Sullivan began creating a spell that could revive Iruma, but he got scolded by Opera who told him for the 100th time that Iruma isn't dead. Azz and Clara didn't visit on that day because their evil cycle had started.

Azz gave Clara some pills that he received from Balam in order to stop their evil cycles. They were taking those pills for the past 3 days, until they ran out and had finally entered their evil cycles. They tried to hold themselves by spending their time training or studying together, but it just gave them more stress. Meanwhile, Ameri was given time to rest, but she wasn't allowed to stray too far from their division, so she wasn't able to visit Iruma either. Her heart feels like it's about to explode, but she was able to keep her composure.

A|N: Let's go back to the current situation!

Iruma's POV: This seal is really tough... I've been trying to break the barrier for a while, but it won't budge! I'm getting used to the fact that I can't move or speak, but this is really hard! I tried summoning Ali-san, but he never showed up, so I was wondering if the seal is preventing him from coming out. I'm also using my own mana so I'm quite exhausted. It's already 1:00am!? I didn't even notice the time! I'm starting to get hungry and thirsty. *Sigh* I have to focus! Hm... This seal is surrounded by a strange mana... It's glitchy, and there's a lot of glowing symbols... I feel like I've seen this before... Ah! This glitch is similar to the crest on my paper when we measured our magical aptitude! I feel like I've seen these symbols before too! Somewhere... Somewhere... Huh? Where was that place? I feel like I've seen it recently... Ali-san...? Ah, I remember now! I saw this symbols when Ali- No! These symbols appeared when Derkila-sama introduced himself to me... This seal is surrounded by a purple mana, so is it created by Ali-san? Why did he seal me?? That doesn't matter right now, I have to remember these symbols!

Iruma spent a few minutes applying different types of codes in his mana to see if it's the seal code, but none of them seems to be working. He can't write his ideas, so he's practically solving everything inside his mind. He's currently trying his best to avoid distractions as he stared deeply into the symbols. And suddenly, he heard a very faint voice. 

???: "Goodbye, future demon king."
Iruma: "??"

On a split second, Iruma's mind was warped once again. Iruma felt a really bad headache, and he could feel his veins twitching as if acid was flowing through them. His body started emitting purple flames, and glitchy symbols appeared in his mind. Despite the pain, Iruma forced himself to focus on remembering the symbols. He feels like he's about to collapse, but he still forced himself to continued to decode the symbols as a part of his mana. Suddenly, a strong light flashed in his mind, which led him to collapse once again. Iruma opened his eyes, and he felt a slight ringing in his head. He wiped his eyes to clear his vision, and he weakly sat down on his bed.

Iruma's POV: "U-urgh... My head hurts..." Huh? Wait! "I- I can speak?? Oh, my hand...?" I'm able to move! What just happened?? I remember being placed in that insane situation until something bright flashed before me... Oh right, the seal is still intact... Shoot! How long did I pass out?? *Sigh*, it's already 3:00am... Hm? I just noticed, but... What's wrong with my hands? It seems thinner than usual... Well, forget that, I have to focus!

A|N: There's an emblem somewhere that creates a barrier to form the seal. Currently, the entirety of Iruma's bed including himself are within the barrier. There was no seal when he was unconscious, but it was activated when he woke up. Iruma was placed in a time freeze where his emotions and thoughts are paused, as if his spirit was disconnected from his body for a certain amount of time.

Iruma applied another seal code on his blue mana, and it suddenly turned purple. He focused his mana and quickly released a destructive blow at the barrier, which finally broke after his many tries. However, the seal code did not work. Iruma spent a few minutes trying to remember every symbols during that hellish situation. He sat down and suddenly remembered the light that flashed before him. It's not a normal light, there was a symbol written on it.

Iruma: "Alright! I remembered the last symbol! Hm, I need a lot of mana to do this..."

After a few minutes of thinking, Iruma remembered that his ring contains mana. He applied the final seal code on his mana, but instead of just fusing it with the seal, Iruma created a thread that has a destructive impact to make sure that the seal will break. Although, it was too strong that it pierced through the mansion.

A|N: Fuse, or fusing, means joining two forces together by contact. Fusing the seal code with the seal is just like using a key to open a lock, and it must be accompanied by some force, but Iruma overdid it. A thread is just like a font, or an outline for a symbol. Iruma formed the symbol on his own mana, but it's flexible and is not like a solid symbol. It will function as a seal code as long as the right order of symbols are placed, and adding a thread is just an additional effect.

Iruma: "..." *Shocked* " That's a bit too strong wasn't it?? W-well, at least I'm finally free!"

Sullivan and Opera heard the sudden noise, and they quickly ran towards Iruma's room.

-To be continued-