III. Elias's Proposal

Start from the beginning

Elias went to bed and lied down. Richard seemed to be thinking of sleeping on the couch today as well.

Elias, who was thinking about this and that, was looking at the sofa where Richard rested and fell asleep.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

A FEW DAYS PASSED JUST LIKE THAT. As Albert said, Elias began taking bridal lessons the next day. He was bored with the lecture, but he liked the fact that he had free time for the rest of the day after class.

Elias, who took a class in the morning, had lunch and went to the castle library as usual.

The library of the Rubelin Castle was huge in size and was owned by the first family in the empire. It also has a vast number of books.

It was a place that would give great help to Elias, who was still unfamiliar with the world he was in.

"Hmm, I think I'll read the history books today."

The history book was on the top case of the bookshelf, it was as high as his hand could reach.

Elias struggled, but soon gave up and looked around for a ladder.

If Elias runs into the librarian, it wouldn't be difficult to get the book out, but he hasn't been in since he came in, as he had a long lunch.

However, it was more difficult to go out and bring in the maids and servants outside the library.

"Found it!"

Elias found the ladder and dragged it out from the bookshelf right behind him. He then climbed it and pulled out the book he wanted.

It was then.

In the distance, the library door opened with a sound.

'Who is it?'

There were only two libraries in the castle of Rubelin.

There was an open library for everyone in the castle, and the other library was only for the Lord and his family.

The place where Elias is now was the library only for those with Rubelin's name.

Therefore, the librarian in charge of the library, Albert, Richard, and Elias were the only ones with access to it.

Elias quietly came down from the ladder because he didn't want to run into Albert or Richard.

Then, he crept towards the door with the book in his chest. Anyone who had something to do in the library would soon have gone to look at the bookshelves, so he could leave the library.

But as he was heading for the entrance, he stopped when he found someone lying face-down on a desk near the entrance.

'Richard?'

Richard was lying on his stomach at his desk. Looking at his closed eyes, Elias felt as if he was sleeping.

'Did you not sleep well because you were uncomfortable?'

Come to think of it, no matter how soft the sofa is, it couldn't have been comfortable to sleep on.

Thinking of it, he felt sorry for sleeping proudly on the bed.

'I think it's going to be cold, so at least I could cover him with a blanket.'

Elias, who pondered for a moment, approached Richard with a blanket from nearby.