GHOSTS

❝NO MOURNERS❞

MERZOST ALWAYS HAS A COST.
Niklaus Morozova would soon find out just how true that was. Second son to Baghra Morozova, he'd seen nothing of the world. Knew nothing past the fact that it's inhabitants were not to be trusted. The only ones he could really rely on were family.

He'd never meant to help create the fold. All he knew was that his brother had something planned. All he knew was what his brother told him. His naive nature would be the death of him. Quite literally. Sort of.

Aleksander Morozova turned a deaf ear to every warning. Paid no heed to the threat of consequence. Atleast until they caught up with him. The fold began to take from it's creator. He could feel his shadows slipping away. That was the cost of the Merzost. A cost that Aleksander could not pay, not if he wanted to build a save haven for Grisha. So he found another way. The fold needed a summoner to draw from and who better than one with incredible potential and untapped raw power?

Who better than the one who trusted every word that came out of his mouth? So the fold took. And it took and it took. It took more than just Niklaus's gift. It took his very being, subjecting him to a fate worse than anyone could imagine. For four hundred years he knew nothing but darkness and the screeches of Volcra.

Until a blinding light swept across it, burning away the darkness. Burning away the fold. However, it wasn't the only thing. Niklaus was tied to the fold and the fold to him. He was fortunate enough to keep his life but he didn't escape unscathed. Burns covered him head to toe, leaving little skin and there was an empty socket where an eye once belonged.

When he'd awoken he was in a strange house in a strange place, four hundred years later than his last memory to learn that everybody he knew was dead. He'd let the girl with the white hair explain, he'd forced himself to sit still and the moment she turned away he ran like hell.

He ran and hid and stowed away on transports before he finally arrived in Ketterdam. In the barrell. There, he'd been taken in. Taught to steal and to kill. The scared little boy was dead. As far as the world was concerned, Niklaus Morozova was dead. Klaus Petrov had taken his place.

❝NO FUNERALS❞

•~•~•~•

Introducing my shadow boy who secretly worships the ground Inej Ghafa walks on while also being in denial about it

•Even though Niklaus is the Darkling's brother this is NOT a pro Darkling book or account. I hate the man and so does Niklaus.

I know the age gap is a little dubious but Niklaus's 400 yrs were taken away. It was like he basically ceased to exist when he was in the fold. Only Baghra and The Darkling knew about him.

 Only Baghra and The Darkling knew about him