Chapter 89

Jennie

"Everything's fine." I say and hug my arms to my chest, while cupping my elbows. "He was just leaving."

"Hi." Taehyung smiles and extends a palm toward Lisa. "Taehyung Kim. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Lisa takes Taehyung's hand and shakes it. Her eyes, however, are locked on Taehyung, and a flicker of understanding crosses her expression. "You're Taehyung?"

A cocky smile draws across Taehyung's mouth. "That's me."

"The Taehyung Kim?" Uh... oh. I don't like the look of that storm brewing behind Lisa's eyes.

Taehyung lets out a breathy, albeit somewhat frustrated laugh. "I can give you my autograph after I finish up here."

"That won't be necessary." Lisa pulls up her sleeves. Purposefully, she curls them above her elbows. "I'm going to hit you now."

"What...?"

Lisa swings her fist into Taehyung's face. My hand flies to my mouth, and I let out a short screech.

Taehyung stumbles back, totally surprised, but then a scowl cuts over his mouth and he throws himself at Lisa, fighting back. The two push each other back and forth, with muscles locking. Fists swing, connecting with skin and bone, and soon it becomes hard to tell them apart. They stumble through the guests, who cry out and disperse quickly and fall against the folding chairs, collapsing a whole row.

"Ren! Do something!" I say and shove him.

"Like what? Throw oil on top of them? No, they just have to work this one out on their own."

Or kill each other. I run to them and wave my hands. "Stop! Lisa! Quit it!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Taehyung barks when Lisa throws him to the ground. Taehyung cups his face, with his nose bleeding. "I don't even know you!"

"I know you." Lisa pants, standing over him. "And what you did to Jennie was unforgivable."

"I love Jennie!" Taehyung counters.

"No. You don't. You love no one but yourself. You bloody selfish bastard! You just love taking advantage of her. But that's not going to ever happen again." Lisa steps in close and growls. "Get out of my sight, you bloody loser!"

"What's going on here?" A man steps up and... oh no. Police chief Cha Eunwoo. The man wears his badge on his chest and stares accusingly at the bloodied pair.

"She attacked me!" Taehyung spluttered. "She's mad!"

Lisa's shoulders square off immediately. She knows that she's screwed.

"Sir... excuse me." I quickly move my hand to the police chief's shoulder. "Lisa was just escorting this man out. Please. You know what an important day this is to Bambam and..."

"Which is exactly why I have to make sure that it doesn't turn into a bar brawl." Eunwoo retorts, but his eyes are apologetic. "Sorry, ma'am."

"I'll go." Lisa says quickly. "Let's just not make a scene of it." Her eyes flicker to me, and she says, "Like you've said. This day is too important."

"You'll both be coming with me now." the police chief says.

"What!" Taehyung squeaks. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

Lisa takes Taehyung's arm, lifts him off the ground, and hisses, "Shut up!"

I feel like someone is poking needles into my chest repeatedly. I watch as the police chief escorts Lisa and Taehyung to his car. "Lisa..."

"Stay here." Lisa tells me. "Don't tell Mina."

My heart sinks. There's nothing that I can do, this isn't a broken corsage or a ripped wedding dress. This is too far above my jurisdiction.