THREE|VISENYA

"It was quite the unprecedented roundup of criminals of every ilk. Your brother, he made a public show of it meeting out the summary of the judgements himself. I have been told that they needed a two-horse cart to haul away the resulting dismemberments when it was done." Otto Hightower was saying as King Viserys and his Hand of the King were walking into the meeting chambers of the Council.
Visenya was the only one serving as cupbearer today, as Rhaenyra was off on a day of her studies, with a helper in Alicent Hightower.

She felt that her uncle Daemon was simply there for the summerwine that she kept refilling for him, and she was looking up at her father's arrival. She was wearing riding clothes again and her new dagger was at her side.

"Visenya, why must you wear a blade every place you wander to? I raised you to be a lady of the court, not a blade carrier." Viserys stated as Visenya looked at him, tilting her chin up to look him in the eyes as she was nearly as tall as he was.

"I fail to see a reason why she should not, Your Grace. After all, it is true that outside the Red Keep, it is rather a brutal world. A fact that Visenya seems to understand more than your Hand does." Daemon noted as Otto Hightower looked angry at the prospect as Daemon very, very calmly held his gaze until Otto was the one who looked away first.

"Gods be good." Viserys swore and Visenya continued her duties as their cupbearer.

"You are to explain your doings with the City Watch." Otto said and he was now rather clear and blunt to Daemon, who lifted his eyebrows and he was rather excellent now, at faking his confusion. Even if Visenya could see right through the confusion that he'd chosen to act like he had.

"Your new gold cloaks made quite the new impression last night didn't they?" Viserys spoke to Daemon, who turned his attention to his brother.

"Did they?" Daemon questioned as Visenya held back a smile, as she was offering wine around the table and for once more, Lord Corlys preferred to have water, in exchange for all the wine.

"The City Watch is not a sword which could be chosen to be, wielded at your whim. They are an extension of the crown." Otto Hightower noted icily as Visenya put the wine and water away, as she started to see the re-emerging rivalry between Otto Hightower and her uncle Daemon Targaryen.

"The Watch was only now enforcing the crown's laws. Wouldn't you agree, Lord Strong?" Daemon stated and he looked to his left, where it was Lord Strong who sat next to him.

"My Prince, I don't think..." Lord Strong tried to intervene before it got much worse, but Visenya was shaking her head, recognizing that it was too late to stop it.

"Making a public spectacle of wanton brutality is hardly in line with our laws here." Otto argued.

"I disagree." Visenya had never truly been able to keep her mouth shut and as her parents knew, she would keep fighting until she was thrown out, or until her point was said and done.

"Visenya..."

"It is exactly in line with the laws. To the smallfolk, the city is lawless. From chaos comes order, does it not?" She questioned and every single member of the Council was looking at her and she could see that Daemon was now at the moment, clearly smiling at her words. "Please, feel free to do correct me if I am wrong on this." Visenya added almost as an afterthought and to her surprise, King Viserys nodded at her.

"Those are wise words from a wise child. Enforce my laws Daemon, but understand any further performances like last night's will be answered." Viserys declared and a moment later Daemon was nodding at the words.